Service Smart Opinions

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymenn View Post
I also plan NOT to renew with Service Smart when my contract ends next month. But WHO do I go with. Suggestions welcome!!
B & B III Home Services....they do a great job once a week and no contract....352-561-4449
Old 04-27-2015, 09:47 PM

I fired Service Smart and hired B&B III Home Services. They come every week no issues... Pay monthly no contracts..
Old 04-27-2015, 09:50 PM

The house next door uses this company. The couple doesn't live here. Nothing has been cut in over a month. Reading these posts I can see that calling the company won't help.
Any suggestions
Old 04-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCassara View Post
Looking for opinions on the quality of service provided by Service Smart.
We want a Full Service Company which includes pest control inside and out,
termites, mowing, edging, weeding, trimming the shrubs and Palm trees, and fertilizing everything.
There aren't a lot of full-service companies around. Service Smart is the best we've found.

It's important to us to have one-stop shopping and a company that has an office and staff to answer the phone.
During the past eight years we've had a variety of lawn cutters.
Many of them have a cell phone and calls aren't returned.
They would be fine for a few months, and then problems start.
Some have disappeared without warning, moving on to more lucrative pursuits.
We've used some of the "big-name" pest control companies but SS has done a better job for us.

Is SS perfect? Of course not. However SS has been responsive to any concerns we've had.
And I think their employees are great, very polite, pleasant and professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
According to this past week's newspaper ads, hang on to your wallets, Smart Service prices are huge compared to what Stellar Customers were used to paying.
We find SS's renewal prices to be similar to Stellar's prices. We plan to renew.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisalPhil View Post
I fired Service Smart and hired B&B III Home Services. They come every week no issues... Pay monthly no contracts..
Are they a full service company with a pest control license?
Old 04-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkohio View Post
One of the biggest mistakes I have made was hiring that company. They only show up after I call. When cutting the grass they scalp areas and don't cut others. My bushes and palm trees look the worst they ever have. Never again!
Same experience with them. Gave them specific instructions on how to trim trees and bushes (because I'm very fussy) and he took so many notes, but he was not the one that did the trimming. The trimmer came a few days later and completely scalped everything, taking away all the privacy I had specifically planted. Fired them immediately and got my yearly contract money back. Its amazing how irresponsible companies can be.

Hired Dean's service and have been extremely happy with them. Trimmers come to discuss plans with me before doing the work. Have not had a problem. They also do pest control for me.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Default Service Smart

Stellar did a good job. Service Smart not so much. I'm dropping Service Smart.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
Agree. So far so good.
Not at all happy since my last post.
Time to move on.
Worst of the worst.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:55 AM
Gold member

I believe all of the lawn maintenance companies are about the same. My neighbor has gone through at least 5 and is still not happy. I have had Stellar/Service Smart for two years since we bought in TV. They are not perfect but they do respond promptly and do what I ask them to do. No lawn maintenance company will do it as well as you can. They need to move fast to be profitable. I pull a few weeds and sometimes treat problem areas to help out. My lawn looks great. Several of my neighbors have the same company and their lawns look terrible. I do notice that they over water constantly. Before you give up on a Service Smart, try getting one of their supervisors to come and take a look at your lawn and check the sprinkler system settings. Grass will grow if it is fed and watered correctly.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:03 PM

Showed up at my house today after being away about a month and it looked like my yard had not been mowed or otherwise serviced for a month. Got on the phone with Service Smart and got them to send a mower crew out. Tomorrow I will meet with SS supervisor must to let him know how unhappy I am. They were fine as Stellar; however, not so fine as SS. I am done with them.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:42 AM

Do yourself a favor... Just fire them they are the worst lawn care company..
Old 04-30-2015, 08:22 AM

We also had Steller / Smart Service once Smart Service took over everything went downhill fast. They would not return calls or show up, I beieve Smart Service had no intention of honoring Steller customer agreements.
We dropped them and went with Falcon Lawn and pest and our yard looks great !!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Default Who cuts lawns in Hacienda Villages

INTERESTING...Called a few companies to maintain lawn...some do not do North of 466 others do not cut Augustine grass...most use riders....hmmm
Old 05-01-2015, 06:05 PM

I just fired ServiceSmart after 6 weeks of using them. Horrible service. They have not lived up to any promise they made. I have to call to get anything resolved. I have never seen so many weeds. My front lawn is mostly crabgrass. I asked for a refund and they said no. I am giving them until next Friday to refund on my card (signed up for 1 year, the works) and if they do not, I will reverse the charge and file for fraud. And that is just for starters. I have already talked 3 families out of using them. Cash up front? Never again. I will now only pay monthly and only after the service is performed. And all I want is a decent looking yard. No excuses.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:02 AM

They are supposed to take care of the weeds in our beds but have not done so for 4 months. We cannot get them to come out to do so although they have promised numerous times.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.