Shrub removal

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Default Shrub removal

We recently purchased a pre-owned home in TV. The landscaping is severely overgrown. We would like to remove the shrubs along both sides of the house and replace them with grass. I am like most others here and am confused as to who is best to use without feeling like we were taken advantage of. Can anyone recommend someone to do this job?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandwk View Post
We recently purchased a pre-owned home in TV. The landscaping is severely overgrown. We would like to remove the shrubs along both sides of the house and replace them with grass. I am like most others here and am confused as to who is best to use without feeling like we were taken advantage of. Can anyone recommend someone to do this job?
Congratulations. I hope you are very happy in your new home.

Do you have a company hired to cut your lawn? I've found that most of the lawn companies will do small jobs like removing shrubs and putting in grass.

Your neighbours will be an excellent source of information and will know who works specifically in your Village.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've used and recommended Rupert Cross for several jobs like this. He and his crew do a good job, know what they're doing and he's pretty reasonable. The biggest problem is he doesn't necessarily come when he says he will -- appointment may be for 11:00 am and he'll show up at 1:00 pm -- but he does show up and he does do the job.

You can reach him at 352/406-8814.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I've used and recommended Rupert Cross for several jobs like this. He and his crew do a good job, know what they're doing and he's pretty reasonable. The biggest problem is he doesn't necessarily come when he says he will -- appointment may be for 11:00 am and he'll show up at 1:00 pm -- but he does show up and he does do the job.

You can reach him at 352/406-8814.
Thanks Redwitch. I'll call him today.

How is the carpet cleaner that you bought from us back in August?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Gold member
Default shrubs

I thought I was reading a post I made. We also bought a resale with seriously severe overgrowth and needing sod. We asked people on our street and they all recommended Allen's sod of Bellview. 245-8971
Old 11-03-2010, 04:11 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your assistance. I love this forum for this very reason.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Works like a charm. As a matter of fact, I used it this morning to clean up a cat mess -- got the entire stain out.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Works like a charm. As a matter of fact, I used it this morning to clean up a cat mess -- got the entire stain out.
Great!

Your warranty period is officially over. LOL

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.