Shrubs removed or relocated

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2020, 09:01 PM
Default Shrubs removed or relocated

New to TV and looking to change a few things in our new home. We’d like to either remove or relocate some shrubs to install a birdcage. Couple of birdcage installers have commented that removing shrubs is very expensive. I’m confused about that as removing shrubs where I came from out west is not that big of a deal. Anyone have any feedback they can share and recommendations on someone reasonable that might be worth talking to?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2020, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, since you are new to the villages, be sure you know and understand deed restrictions, modifications to the landscaping or the outside of the house need approval by community standards (ARC). The process is simple, get a form, fill it out and submit for approval, NO cost, takes about 2 weeks. Also, be very careful when a contractor says they will do this, I made the mistake, so I know from experience.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJohansen1 View Post
New to TV and looking to change a few things in our new home. We’d like to either remove or relocate some shrubs to install a birdcage. Couple of birdcage installers have commented that removing shrubs is very expensive. I’m confused about that as removing shrubs where I came from out west is not that big of a deal. Anyone have any feedback they can share and recommendations on someone reasonable that might be worth talking to?

Thanks in advance!
I am confused by your question? If you are installing a birdcage, they need to pour a concrete pad, or at least a perimeter foundation to construct the birdcage on. That requires a backhoe, which would very simply rip out all the shrubs when digging to prep for the concrete pour. If you want to relocate the shrubs, dig them up and re-plant them somewhere that is within offset requirements from your property line.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You would get the best answers to all your questions if T & D was one of those giving you an estimate. They build the pools for The Villages and have done thousands of birdcages and pools in TV. The one negative is they are very busy, pools are sometimes a 4 month wait for start time. My neighbor got a birdcage from them, he's very happy. He found out his CYV backyard needed for the cage to be 10' from the property line, they knew that, and made the adjustments when giving an estimate.

T&D Pool & Spa Construction - Serving The Villages and Sumter CountyT&D Pool & Spa Construction

T&D Screen Enclosures | Home & Pool Experts

Birdcage cost
Closed Thread

Tags
shrubs, removing, birdcage, west, big

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.