Snowbird summer sprinkler settings

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2018, 06:24 AM
Veteran member
Default Snowbird summer sprinkler settings

Unfortunately we are headed back to RI in a couple weeks for about three months (wife is making me go). From what I have read, I believe the period we will be gone is the rainy season. My question is, how often and for how long should my sprinklers be set to? We do have that rain gauge thing at the gutter that is supposed to stop the watering if rain is significant. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,422 Times in 5,111 Posts

I water the grass areas twice a week for 20 minutes and the shrub areas twice a week for 10 minutes. Seems to work. If the rain sensor works properly, it will turn the system off for a day or two after a heavy rain. But, you really should have someone check on the house periodically.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I water the grass areas twice a week for 20 minutes and the shrub areas twice a week for 10 minutes. Seems to work. If the rain sensor works properly, it will turn the system off for a day or two after a heavy rain. But, you really should have someone check on the house periodically.
I’ve got the 2 zones set for twice a week for 15 minutes. Probably just leave it like that.
We have a home watch guy and our neighbor also keeps an eye on it.
Closed Thread

Tags
rain, watering, stop, question, significant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.