Sod, Sod tale...

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Default Sod, Sod tale...

Have had a chinch bug invasion destroy a large part of my yard due to incredibly poor service by Inferior (Superior). So, am looking for a recommendation for installing new sod (St. Augustine). Appreciate any insight on a good company to both install and maintain yard in the future. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

Give Massey a try. Totally stress free and if you want to talk to management, they come out to the house, if necessary. They did replace some sod and also regularly treat the lawn . Not everyone feels this way, but I am totally happy with Massey Services. I have used them for 5 years.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Platinum member

I agree totally about Massey. We have used them for fertilization, extermination and irrigation. Last week we met with their landscaping division to get a quote on replacing all the dead plants that did not survive this year's frost and we signed a contract. They may not be the least expensive but certainly are not the most expensive game in town. What I particularly like is that they ALWAYS answer the phone, and in the past 2 years have been extremely responsive to us on any and all requests. That is worth a lot to me. I feel like they value their customers -- and I know they will be around for as long as we need them.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:18 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Chinch bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct911s View Post
Have had a chinch bug invasion destroy a large part of my yard due to incredibly poor service by Inferior (Superior). So, am looking for a recommendation for installing new sod (St. Augustine). Appreciate any insight on a good company to both install and maintain yard in the future. Thanks in advance.
I'm sure you do not want the bad news but
If they are in fact chinch bugs they have become immune to many insecticides, The insecticides do not kill the eggs so you will need to spray on six week intervals, ALSO. chinch bugs and bed bugs are the same. You will want to have the inside of your home checked as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
sod, yard, insight, installing, recommendation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.