someone to fix sprinklers

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Default someone to fix sprinklers

About a month or so ago a person put a thread on that he had a person to fix sprinklers for $25.00. If anyone has that information please let me know. Need someone ASAP.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,689 Times in 5,235 Posts

I am not familiar with the thread. But, some companies will advertise that they will inspect and adjust your sprinklers for a low price. That takes about 5 minutes. However, you really need to know what they charge to replace a broken sprinkler or to fix a leak.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I have used Jim baumgardener 352-504-2317, and Joe Tucker352-430-5615 to do a system check and adjustments, both were excellent. As a side note, both had a minimal additional charge to replace sprinkler heads (ONCE THEY WERE HERE FOR THE SYSTEM CHECK), I suspect you will have a hard time getting someone out for that sum to replace one sprinkler.

Last edited by villagetinker; 05-03-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Added phone numbers clarified text
Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I woke this AM to find that I had a broken sprinkler that was spouting straight up. Obviously needed to be replaced. Went to Lowes and bought a replacement for $12. Will remove, dig up current one (Like planting a Marigold) , unscrew old and screw in new. Adjust per instructions.

That is the simple part, but you should also determine whether old one was damaged by mower, which would mean that it is too high. Then the replacement requires a bit more digging to lower, perhaps like planting a small rose bush.

Plenty of time to learn at this time.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,689 Times in 5,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I woke this AM to find that I had a broken sprinkler that was spouting straight up. Obviously needed to be replaced. Went to Lowes and bought a replacement for $12. Will remove, dig up current one (Like planting a Marigold) , unscrew old and screw in new. Adjust per instructions.

That is the simple part, but you should also determine whether old one was damaged by mower, which would mean that it is too high. Then the replacement requires a bit more digging to lower, perhaps like planting a small rose bush.

Plenty of time to learn at this time.
I don't know about your specific situation, but, if it is a pop-up sprinkler, you usually just need to replace the top part, which costs about 2 dollars and just unscrews. No digging required. Even if it is broken below ground, you can usually replace it by just unscrewing the old piece and sliding the new one down the hole without doing any digging. These break very often and not caused by a mower. If your system is a Hunter, I don't think Lowes has those specific parts, but ACE Hardware has all of the Hunter replacement parts. If you take the broken part to ACE, they are very helpful at telling you exactly what you need and how to install it. Good luck.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 05-03-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy View Post
About a month or so ago a person put a thread on that he had a person to fix sprinklers for $25.00. If anyone has that information please let me know. Need someone ASAP.
352-504-7827. FLI Irrigation. Prompt, reasonable. $25 to fix 2 of our sprinklers, but will tune-up all sprinklers $49.
We highly recommend.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I just replaced a broken popup sprinkler, the new one came with a clean-out head installed, leave it on, install the new popup, turn on the sprinklers for a short time, turn them off, then install the new sprinkler head and adjust. This will flush the sand that gets into the system out.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy View Post
Mostly like any business has to have minimum hourly rate to stay in business. You might get 1 fixed for that plus parts ( with mark up) from someone working out of they’re truck (little overhead)(bonded and insured??) As suggested why not go buy the 2 to 6 dollar pop up and just replace it yourself if you have the ability? Not that hard. “ Remember, if I can do it you can do it”
Closed Thread

Tags
person, sprinklers, fix, information, $25.00

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.