Spiders, snakes, gators ...what's in the bushes?

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Joe commented that he’s never seen a poisonous snake in TV. I’m not comfortable around snakes and seeing one up close was kinda unnerving.
Not true. This coral snake was recently seen in Calumet Grove. You got to be real careful.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	85029  
Old 07-05-2020, 09:30 AM

Look up brown recluse spiders , more plentiful than black widows down here.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

$20 a month and all my weeds are gone. No reaching into any bushes. I found a dead Water Moccasin in my pool a few years ago. He/she was in my skimmer. Actually my pool guy found it. Thank god my wife never saw it. She would have been on the next plane to NY
Old 07-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
$20 a month and all my weeds are gone. No reaching into any bushes. I found a dead Water Moccasin in my pool a few years ago. He/she was in my skimmer. Actually my pool guy found it. Thank god my wife never saw it. She would have been on the next plane to NY

Who weeds for 20 bucks a month? I like to know. I have work for him!
Old 07-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Platinum member
Default Definitely a First!

When I went to take my garbage to the curb last night, an animal came towards me from under the oak tree. I thought it was probably the resident rabbit that likes to feed on the neighborhood flowers. As it got closer, it looked like maybe a small dog. Nope. It was an opossum. It came up almost close enough to touch. We engaged in a staring contest for a bit. He would occasionally eye the open garage door. I didn't budge but just continued to stare it down. Finally, it turned and left the same way it came and went around the corner of the house. I scurried in and shut the garage door before it could change its mind and return. I Googled to see exactly what critter it was and opossum came up. Australia spells it possum, but North American it's opossum, although the pronunciation is the same. According to what I read, they are actually pretty docile and only get aggressive if cornered. They are also classed as a protected animal and it is illegal to capture or kill them. They are actually beneficial because they like to feast on pests such as roaches, slugs, etc. Works for me.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 08-14-2020, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Watch out for the pythons.
The first python I see and I will be on the next flight to Ohio!
Old 08-14-2020, 09:19 AM

Snakes may be venomous; not sure about poisonous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
I was outside yesterday mid-day with Joe Tucker, the sprinkler guy when a 3’ black racer slithered by about 2’ from my feet. Couldn’t believe how fast it moved. Joe commented that he’s never seen a poisonous snake in TV. I’m not comfortable around snakes and seeing one up close was kinda unnerving.
Closed Thread

Tags
bushes, spiders, snakes, gators, rake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.