Spot weed killer

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2021, 11:40 AM
Platinum member
Default Spot weed killer

I have read about weed killers but still don’t know what to buy. I need a spot weed killer that will not kill newly planted jasmine.

One spot killer says it won’t kill grass, but a review stated that in did kill a bush.
Will it kill jasmine?

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I have about 225 jasmine and the weeds have little thorns. I try to pull the weeds, but there are so many of them.

Scott spot weed killer.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:36 PM
Gold member

We mix a gallon of white vinegar with a cup of salt and half a cup of dawn. Spray on weeds and it kills em dead.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 08-29-2021, 06:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 2,147 Times in 746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
We mix a gallon of white vinegar with a cup of salt and half a cup of dawn. Spray on weeds and it kills em dead.
Yep, like he said, works like a charm.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:59 AM

If your weeds are a grassy weed you can use a herbicide like grass-b-gon to kill the weeds but not the Jasmine. If the weeds are a broadleaf type then hand pulling is your only option as broadleaf weed killer will kill the Jasmine as well.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I have read about weed killers but still don’t know what to buy. I need a spot weed killer that will not kill newly planted jasmine.

One spot killer says it won’t kill grass, but a review stated that in did kill a bush.
Will it kill jasmine?

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I have about 225 jasmine and the weeds have little thorns. I try to pull the weeds, but there are so many of them.

Scott spot weed killer.
My OPINION-the secret is the proper tools and proper time. I've tried most of them.
What works for me. I have a long handled cultivator, that fork kind of thing. I cut the tines down to about 3 inches-they start at like 6-8 inches. Easily loosens weeds without
disturbing plant roots very much. More serious weeds. The ones that you've missed and now are huge. I have a hand mattock. You can buy them. Get a good one. I use an Army one It is marked US. It has more weight and I've been using it for ????? 40 years.
A tool that is no longer made. It was made by Ames. It looks sort of like a golf club with sharpened edges. Like a shuttle hoe it cuts off the roots just under the soil with little disturbance of the soil which encourages new weeds to sprout. You can buy a shuttle hoe. I like mine far better. A hoe, is the traditional tool. If, you learn to use it, it works fine. You want a small quality one.

I keep inviting people to come over to weed. I do not understand why no one comes.
Closed Thread

Tags
spot, killer, weed, kill, jasmine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.