"Standard" Oak Tree Removal......

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Veteran member
Default "Standard" Oak Tree Removal......

We have The Villages standard oak tree in the front yard that I have no intention of keeping there. I'm not sure I'm ready to have it removed and replaced with something else, but I've been told that once it is a certain diameter, it cannot be removed? Or if it's removed, it has to be replaced with something? Anyone have experience with this? I assume it's 4-5 yrs old, based on our house's age.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
We have The Villages standard oak tree in the front yard that I have no intention of keeping there. I'm not sure I'm ready to have it removed and replaced with something else, but I've been told that once it is a certain diameter, it cannot be removed? Or if it's removed, it has to be replaced with something? Anyone have experience with this? I assume it's 4-5 yrs old, based on our house's age.

Yes, we removed 2 when we put our additional landscaping in. Once the trunk exceeds 4" in diameter you may not remove the tree without approval.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Veteran member

Get it approved or they'll fine you. Check your deed restrictions.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Sage

Check with the County regarding possible state permit requirements also...in addition to TV deed restrictions.
Closed Thread

Tags
removed, replaced, standard, oak, tree, diameter, experience, houses, age, based, assume, 4-5, yrs, yard, ready, keeping, intention, front, told, removal, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.