Still looking for recommendations for landscape designer

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2021, 05:17 AM
Default Still looking for recommendations for landscape designer

unlike other businesses around TV, been a bit frustrating with the landscapers.

Got a few recs on a previous thread. First one? The guy said last week he was working on a plan to upgrade my current landscaping. but I'm still waiting.

2nd company? Highly recommended? Done many jobs in TV? The guy had a bit of an attitude on the phone with me on a Monday. I did what he asked me to do - searched his site for photographs of previous jobs so we could discuss ideas. He said he would call me Friday morning. Friday came and went. Nada still. Mansfield. Off my list. I guess they don't want our business. I shouldn't have to chase down a company to do high cost work on our property. so be it

Third rec? Contacted them via FB. They read the msg. 10 days later, still waiting for contact back

guess there are not many companies who are both good, reasonable in cost and reliable around here?

Yoda
Old 07-13-2021, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

A couple of neighbors used Terra Scape and one use Next Dimensions, all of these projects look great, Terra Scape is on route 301 between 466 and 466a, hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:26 PM

Luis landscaping great and reasonable3528219967
Old 07-13-2021, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Bill at Showtime Landscaping and Dale at Jireh, both are good, but both are very busy because they are both good. The growth here is eating up the good ones, the mediocre and not so good ones should respond faster.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-13-2021, 07:07 PM
Default Landscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Bill at Showtime Landscaping and Dale at Jireh, both are good, but both are very busy because they are both good. The growth here is eating up the good ones, the mediocre and not so good ones should respond faster.
We used Terrascapes. The contact person and designer was Megan Cubbage. She and the workers were fantastic,showed up on time,cleaned up and the job was finished on time.Also our yard doesn’t look like everyone else’s in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:52 AM
Default Do not use!

I would not recommend Better Lawns and Landscapes. They began our work first week of May. It’s now mid July and we are still trying to get substandard issues resolved. Owner promises it will be done this week over and over with no results. I’m done with playing nice!!
Old 07-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis56 View Post
We used Terrascapes. The contact person and designer was Megan Cubbage. She and the workers were fantastic,showed up on time,cleaned up and the job was finished on time.Also our yard doesn’t look like everyone else’s in my opinion.
Which is why I suggested Showtime and Jireh.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-20-2021, 06:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,074 Times in 431 Posts

Give Ron's Landscaping a call (352-227-7788). They do fantastic work, and will quote you a price that is fair. When they bid your job, their quote will include everything...no surprises. They show up when they say they will show up, they clean up every day, and their service after the job is finished is second to none. Ron's has been around for a long time, and they will be here long after your one year warranty has run out. But...they are busy. I believe they are now bidding jobs several months out. If a landscaper tells you they can start your job next week, that is a big red flag. Good Luck.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:49 AM

Luis Landscaping (352-821-9967) did mine and a dozen others in my neighbor. Great work …...
Old 07-24-2021, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Another recommendation for Ron's Landscaping. Great work and great work ethic.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:59 AM

well I talked to the guy from Showtime twice. He visited my property. More than 2 weeks ago he said he was going to jot down some ideas and call me. Haven't heard anything since. The Mansfield guy just blew me off before we even got to the inspection/idea stage. Again, not impressed. Had 2 other companies come out on Friday. both are coming up with ideas. We shall see.

I guess nobody wants business! but i'm not in a desperate situation either. I could let this go into next year. it's not priority. but it would be nice to get something going too

Yoda
Old 07-31-2021, 02:10 AM

I don't close on my Villages home for another month, but there was a house listed for sale a couple of weeks ago whose landscaping I admired. My agent was able to get the name of the landscape designer, Village Palms. They were very responsive when I contacted them and set up an appointment for a couple of days after closing.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:15 AM
Veteran member

Tera was very expensive
Old 07-31-2021, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

this is who we used for a 'makeover'. i can't say enough good things about them, & they have a page on this forum

Landscaping - Landscape Design - The Villages - Mansfield Landscaping
Old 07-31-2021, 11:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

We had Fairfield Farms, on 301, re-do and add on to ours. Lady we worked with was very knowledgeable and not pushy. She came to our house, took pictures, and asked what we were wanting it to look like. She recommended certain plants and locations for them. Called us when she had a plan worked up, went there and looked it over and picked the palm and plants we wanted. The worker were friendly and worked fast. This lady was there when they put in the plants and tree to ensure it was done according to her layout. We are very satisfied. Their price was right in the same ball park with the other landscapers but it wasn't cheap. We tried one on 301, can't remember the name and they never came out to look at the yard, ignored us. Their loss.
Closed Thread

Tags
jobs, waiting, company, cost, friday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.