Terra Scapes reviews

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Default Terra Scapes reviews

I used this company and have had some issues. I do not have the job completed and am questioning continuing. The final product does not appear to be on the horizon.
Comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Default Terra Scapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAmb View Post
I used this company and have had some issues. I do not have the job completed and am questioning continuing. The final product does not appear to be on the horizon.
Comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Uh oh, I have them scheduled to come to my home for an estimate. I have a large landscaping job and need someone reliable and good
Old 02-05-2015, 11:27 AM

We had made the decision to use them and at the last minute called "Seniors Against Crime" to find out if there were any complaints. There were 10 outstanding complaints (they have not "fixed" the problem or gone thru mediation to find a resolution). Went with another company. Whew....dodged the bullet.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Default Terra Scapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardendiva View Post
We had made the decision to use them and at the last minute called "Seniors Against Crime" to find out if there were any complaints. There were 10 outstanding complaints (they have not "fixed" the problem or gone thru mediation to find a resolution). Went with another company. Whew....dodged the bullet.
I am a little skeptical about two of the previous postings. One has two previous postings and the other one has three previous postings. It is hard to believe that "newbies" to Talk of the Villages would be a savvy as they seem to be as far as calling Seniors against Crime. I met with a representative of Terra Scapes and he seemed to be extremely professional. My gut feeling is Terra Scapes has too much to lose to not respond to complaints. The fact that they are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau also leads me to believe that the postings bashing Terra Scapes is another landscaping company looking to slander a good company. Only my opinion, just saying!!
Old 02-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
The fact that they are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau
I have no option on the company

But the BBB rating means nothing, all paid members are rated A+

BBB is BS
Old 02-05-2015, 08:38 PM

Thanks, I hope to get more input.

I will be contacting several agencies soon. So far they have my money and I do not have a functional product. They do not seem concerned. I will give an honest review soon.

So far the posts above seem on target!
Old 02-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Sage

We used TerraScape for a large landscaping job in 2011.
They did a great job for us - professional and dependable.
No problems whatsoever.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Default Better Business Bureau

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
I have no option on the company

But the BBB rating means nothing, all paid members are rated A+

BBB is BS
What Jimbo says is not true. If any company has a complaint filed against them and they fail to respond and satisfy the customer the company's history on the BBB website reflects that. I personally filed a complaint with the BBB against a very well known local company. Prior to the complaint the company disregarded my requests but, after their record would be tarnished I received a call immediately and the problem was corrected. I notified the BBB that the problem was corrected and that also was stated in the company's history.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I contacted them years ago when they first opened up and they gave us an estimate. Wow the price was totally outrageous! We couldn't believe it. They're are many good landscaping companies in the area that do great work and are far cheaper. I am sure they probably do a good job but when others can do just as good a job cheaper why pay more. Maybe they have become more reasonable now, I sure hope so. Wither way good luck. Oh and yes the gentleman that came out was knowledgable and professional our only issue was with price.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
What Jimbo says is not true. If any company has a complaint filed against them and they fail to respond and satisfy the customer the company's history on the BBB website reflects that. .
Excuse me what I say is always true, I think you miss read my comment, I said if they were a paid member of BBB, if you see complaints that means they are not paid members.

Do U know the BBB is a for profit franchised business!

No paid member will ever have a published complaint.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Sage

what ever you think is your choice

U also can push a little button to ignore my posts
Old 02-10-2015, 02:44 PM

I went to Seniors vs Crime today and checked on the above posts. Terra Scapes does have 10 complaints filed with Seniors vs Crime. I makes me wonder how many people just do not want to go to the effort to register a complaint?????? My issue with them is not resolved and it has been going on way to long. I plan on a short while more to see if anything changes. If, not I will take action with BBB, Seniors vs Crime and the appropriate legal means. It just a shame some businesses just don't get it......
I was taken into the deal by people who should have known their business. I'll check the boxes better next time!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Default terrascape

Quote:
I went to Seniors vs Crime today and checked on the above posts. Terra Scapes does have 10 complaints filed with Seniors vs Crime. I makes me wonder how many people just do not want to go to the effort to register a complaint?????? My issue with them is not resolved and it has been going on way to long. I plan on a short while more to see if anything changes. If, not I will take action with BBB, Seniors vs Crime and the appropriate legal means. It just a shame some businesses just don't get it......
I was taken into the deal by people who should have known their business. I'll check the boxes better next time!
I'm curious about what Terrascape did to have you file a complaint against them. I have a second meeting with them to discuss landscaping costs and I would appreciate any information you give me. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
I will take action with BBB,
that is total waste of time they have absolutely no power or influence.

Quote:
I'm curious about what Terrascape did to have you file a complaint against them. I have a second meeting with them to discuss landscaping costs and I would appreciate any information you give me. Thanks.
If after being told they have 10 complaints with seniors against crime you still want to talk to them.....................well I have a bridge for sale!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:40 PM

I will share the story in full when I have exhausted my last efforts to work with them. I would be willing to share it with you now if you will provide me a way to contact you personally. It involves about $6,000 to $7500 worth of business on this transaction.

The previous quotes about 10 complaints against them are 100% correct.

It does not look good for me but I did not check them out. This loss will hurt.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.