Is there a forum for landscaping and gardening?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Is there a forum for landscaping and gardening?

Palm trees - depending where your palm trees are planted and what you have covering the roots (stone or mulch) makes a difference in the type of fertilizer you use.

Before you apply a fertilizer make sure you are getting the one that is best for your palm tree.

The grass near where I fertilized our palm trees was greener and thicker than in other parts of the lawn, when I spoke with Sandy, our landscaper about this, she said the fertilizer I was using on the palm trees is also good for a grass.

I will now buy one less type of fertilizer - will now need just a fertilizer for citrus trees.

Even though not scientifically proven dousing weeds with vinegar many times kills them faster than using chemicals.

HB
Old 07-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Gold member

Hi, I accidentally deleted an email I received. The question was about the Lawn and Garden service that we have.

We do not have a contract with her for any of the services she does. When we are in TV we do, what she normally does.

There are no annual contracts for weeding - cost is $10 per month

Pest control is $20 per month

Pruning, trimming and clean up is billed at $40 per hour, but you are charged in 15 minute increments.

Fertilizer application is based on actual quantities used.

They all sell trees and plants. I found the cost of there plants lower than in some of the nurseries I visited while in TV.

Fernview Farm - Sandra and James Harrison
352 245 7905 email fernviewnursery@aol.com

i think she has been invited to speak this November at the Garden Clubs - one in Hacienda Center.

Hope this helps.

HB
Old 07-23-2008, 02:29 AM

You might find the Florida Gardening Forum interesting:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/flgard/

There are many knowledgeable posters here as well as new-to-Florida gardeners like many of us.

You don't have to register. You can just lurk and read. However, if you wish to post, then you do have to register. I've never had any problems as a result of registering with the site and I've learned a lot.

June
Old 01-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Default Landscape Forum

Re SWR's post: "The broader question here relates to finding someone to do the major job, even if you are willing to do the maintenance thereof. There are a gazillion landscapers who'll happily fill up your yard, but I've yet to find one with any sort of "regular maintenance" plan."

I just had Tracey Smith of Landscape Productions (353 3907135) stop by looking for business. He says he will design and plant and do both maintenance on the plants and shrubs as well as lawn care.

I haven't gotten any prices yet or any references so I don't know if he's reliable or not. he says he has been in business in the Villages for 5 years. Has anyone used this company? Or have any expereinces to share?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.