True green lawn service

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2018, 03:11 PM
Veteran member
Default True green lawn service

We were approached today from a salesperson from True Green lawn services.
Does anyone have any positive or negative experience using their services.
Thank you in advance for comments
Old 02-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
We were approached today from a salesperson from True Green lawn services.

Does anyone have any positive or negative experience using their services.

Thank you in advance for comments

If you were approached, I would consider that negative on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 09:57 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Use them up north and have no complaints.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

It is easier to get rid of AIDS than true green. They keep calling and calling. If you do choose to get a quote from them first set up a Google voice number, provide them that number and when you need to block them it will be much easier.

That is not to say the quality of the work is bad.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:12 AM

I've had TruGreen since 6/17 and am already considering dropping them. A sales woman was canvasing our area and she assured me their service could get rid of the weeds and torpedo grass in my lawn (I have Zoisa grass) and also that the same tech would service my lawn for each treatment. Well, I get a different person for each visit so that wasn't true. In late summer some sizable brown areas appeared in my lawn and 3 different TruGreen techs I spoke to about it all said it was torpedo grass and they couldn't do anything about it since it was a type of 'grass'. The last guy suggested that I kill the areas with Round-Up and then reseed with plugs. Obviously, the sales woman was untruthful about this as well. BEWARE.

Update: 6/28/18
I had the TruGreen service manager come look a my lawn regarding the torpedo grass. Turns out the front is almost all torpedo grass; the side and back lawns are probably about 50% torpedo grass. He admitted that the sales people are "a little over-zealous" when addressing torpedo grass during the sales pitch. There is a herbicide called Quinclorac that will kill torpedo grass without too much damage to Zoysia grass and requires 2 applications about 21 days apart. He said he would treat my lawn at his cost, but that I would have a lot of brown and could loose the entire front yard. He said the treatments are normally done in the fall or early spring, but I could do it now if I wanted. I am now trying to decide what to do and considering possible expensive ramifications.

Last edited by wdonze; 06-26-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:48 AM

I had TruGreen, they did an excellent job on the lawn but also they said I had torpedo grass which they would not kill off, because they only kill weeds not grass. They suggested I go to Lowes for Round up and kill it off myself then apply top soil to encourage the zoisa grass to fill the gaps.
They also keep bugging me by phone calls for other treatments on the lawn that I thought I had covered in the original contract, but they said it didn't.
I have ditched them and are trying someone new.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:48 AM
Cool

I had TruGreen, they did an excellent job on the lawn but also they said I had torpedo grass which they would not kill off, because they only kill weeds not grass. They suggested I go to Lowes for Round up and kill it off myself then apply top soil to encourage the zoisa grass to fill the gaps.
They also keep bugging me by phone calls for other treatments on the lawn that I thought I had covered in the original contract, but they said it didn't.
I have ditched them and are trying someone new.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

I told the salesman last year to get lost and that he is not supposed to be going door-to-door. He kept it up and our neighborhood called the Sheriff's office. Have not seen him again.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Default Oh no! True Green not for me.

TruGreen lawn service is a high pressure company that uses negative attacks on other companies to "get their numbers." They hire young "pushy" people who rely on "scare tactics" to win over customers of their competitors. Tried to tell my wife our lawn looked terrible......in the winter when the grass was brown, dormant, and had succumbed to frost. Right! How should it look in the dead of winter? Green and lush? They must think that we are rich seniors born with a silver spoon in our mouth who never tended to a lawn before coming to Florida. Several neighbors had similar experiences with one having a contract forced upon her questioning why she hadn't signed yet after a brief presentation. She didn't? Can't wait for them to come back when I'm around!
Old 05-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Default TruGreen visit

TruGreen knocked on our door the other day and proceeded to tell us about their services. When I asked if they could refer us to customers so that we could see examples of their work, the salesperson said that they were just starting out in our area (Lake Deaton) and had no one to present. That was the first warning sign.

When I asked for locations further away in The Villages, the salesperson said that her cell phone wasn't working too well to find the locations. That was the second warning sign.

My concerns were confirmed via web searches turning up bad reviews and more importantly, friends in the area that warned us to stay away from them.
Closed Thread

Tags
services, true, lawn, green, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.