Twice on Tuesdays

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Gold member
Default Twice on Tuesdays

For those interested, Sumter County Extension puts on this program (I think monthly). They meed in the morning in the northern part (sorry, I forgot to write that down - I think it was Mulberry at 9 am, but please confirm) and at 1 pm at Sea Breeze.

Not sure if there's a program or if it's just q and a, but I plan to be there (at Sea Breeze). Gracie (or anyone else) if you see this and plan to attend, please pm me and maybe we can finally meet!

I think I have the zoysia fungus in a little bit of my lawn, and also something weird in my oak tree, not sure if it's normal or damaging or what. I plan to bring my problems in plastic bags and get some advice.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Gold member

I hope you have your tickets for it, because they go fast. You don't pay for the tickets but you need them to get into the event. I know it is Sea Breeze in the afternoon, but am not sure of the morning one.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 11-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
For those interested, Sumter County Extension puts on this program (I think monthly). They meed in the morning in the northern part (sorry, I forgot to write that down - I think it was Mulberry at 9 am, but please confirm) and at 1 pm at Sea Breeze.

Mulberry in Marion County - seems unusual for a Sumter County agency to meet in Marion County.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Gold member
Default tickets still available

Thanks Miki - I had no idea you needed tickets for this. Got some today, looked like quite a few still available.

Chuck - I don't know who does it at Mulberry, maybe Marion County Extension.

I think it said they also have a master gardener available but also the extension people, but I might be "mis-remembering."
Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Default Tickets

Get your Tickets Now!

I just got mine, It's taken a long time to figure out their schedule. Tickets are free, but necessary to attend.
Tickets on 2nd Tuesday,
the actual Talk on 4th Tuesday
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Gold member

I think the north of 466 location is Savannah Center - guess it's in Sumter County also. I went to SeaBreeze.

I can't make it this month, will be on a trip, but I really enjoyed it in November - they didn't have one in December because of the holidays.

During the high season (Jan-March) I plan to get my ticket early when I can attend, but I would say to also try going the day of the event - last time my neighbor was planning on going with me, but couldn't at the last minute, so I turned in her ticket when I arrived, and I don't think I was the only one to do that. Wouldn't count on it, though.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Sage

Remember you can always visit Jim Davis, a Extension Agent for UF during the week at his office at 803 E CR 466 Ste. 150.....at the tax office, sheriff station, corner of 466 and Morse . Bring in your garden sample or pictures for him to look at. We were having a problem with our Queen palms, or so we thought. Brought in a picture and Jim made arrangements to come to our house and check on the trees.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Gold member

you can also email a pic to him and he will try to help that way. This is the most accessible state/county extension service (probably partly because we're now retired, but also because you can get to it by golf cart) that I have ever dealt with.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.