Veranda Landscaping Restrictions?

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2018, 01:36 PM
Default Veranda Landscaping Restrictions?

I am interested in purchasing a new Veranda in Fenney or Southern Oaks. I am trying to find out if I would be allowed to have something other than a lawn in my front or back yard. I'm interested in rocks or stone perhaps that doesn't require lawn cutting. My sales rep did not know the answer and she seems to have stumped several other Villages sales reps. Does anyone know or can you direct me where I might find out? Thank you!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts
Default Your answer is here:

VCDD Community Standards
Old 04-17-2018, 01:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie View Post
I am interested in purchasing a new Veranda in Fenney or Southern Oaks. I am trying to find out if I would be allowed to have something other than a lawn in my front or back yard. I'm interested in rocks or stone perhaps that doesn't require lawn cutting. My sales rep did not know the answer and she seems to have stumped several other Villages sales reps. Does anyone know or can you direct me where I might find out? Thank you!
It is the obligation of your sales agent to get an answer for you if she doesn't know something you ask.
That is what she is supposed to do and what she gets paid for.
If she blew you off, get another agent!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:49 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

In general, the Southwest Florida Water Management Agency has prohibited all rock yards because of their negative impact on the water table. Check with District Community Standards for more details (352-751-3912). There may be some 'Florida friendly' plant options available.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I wonder if an all rock yard would have any impact on the amazing plans for run off here. (I am not a fan of all rock yards to be fair)

The flooding of the golf courses and the saving of the homes here during Hurricane Irma was amazing. There was some flooding in the historic area but none anywhere else. The Golf courses did survive.

It is our experience in the two homes we have owned here that under the grass is sand.

Grass cutting is so very inexpensive here if you contract for a year, (We pay $50 a month) and grass is so pretty to see and those little grass blades take in carbon dioxide and give out oxygen, (THIS for the greenies)

PLUS, in both our homes here the foundation planting that came with the home is Florida Friendly in that it survives the freezing and are hardy and heat and bug resistant.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-17-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:23 AM

Wonderful answers all. Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
find, veranda, lawn, interested, sales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.