Village Landscaping Customer Review

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 01:09 PM
Default Village Landscaping Customer Review

We just had a landscaping job done on our patio villa. We got several quotes done ahead of time. They were all within 500 dollars of each other. The one reason we picked this company is they did not require any payment until the job was done and we were happy, and each part of the process was spelled exactly to the dollar.
On the day of the job the crew introduced themselves and explained what was going to happen on that day. They could not have been more professional and courteous.
The job was done that day and the owner came back and inspected the work. He even adjusted and programmed our irrigation system.
I usually don’t post reviews but I thought this company deserved it. I cannot recommend this company enough.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Good to know. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2020, 02:18 PM
Default Did you get ARC approval?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&george View Post
We just had a landscaping job done on our patio villa. We got several quotes done ahead of time. They were all within 500 dollars of each other. The one reason we picked this company is they did not require any payment until the job was done and we were happy, and each part of the process was spelled exactly to the dollar.
On the day of the job the crew introduced themselves and explained what was going to happen on that day. They could not have been more professional and courteous.
The job was done that day and the owner came back and inspected the work. He even adjusted and programmed our irrigation system.
I usually don’t post reviews but I thought this company deserved it. I cannot recommend this company enough.
Did you get ARC approval before proceeding with your landscaping project?
Did your landscaping contractor prepare the drawings and revised site plan you needed to get the ARC approval?
Old 03-29-2020, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Did you get ARC approval before proceeding with your landscaping project?
Did your landscaping contractor prepare the drawings and revised site plan you needed to get the ARC approval?
Under the heading of been there done that, several years ago our landscaper (had done several projects on the street) was hired to do ours. I found out later that the proper paperwork had NOT been filed with ARC, I had to get approval after the fact. Fortunately the work was within ARC guidelines.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:31 AM
Sage

Your contract should include "ARC approvals will be obtained by you or the contractor before commencement of work"

IMO you should be getting quotes with your own sketch of the landscape design indicating the trees bushes etc and size range of each, bedding etc.

That way your shopping and comparing the same work.

Also include a "drop dead date of completion"

Too many folks get quotes with different contractors using different plants or designs.
someone will be on the losing end that way

Lastly NO MONEY upfront, if they don't have the $$ to buy the supplies on their own and need you to finance their their biz find someone else.

The approval process is very simple not a big deal, basically setbacks and % of grass removal for the most part.

But if you're doing something way different like I did it can be a PIA, like 4 meetings and compromises (mostly on my part). But finally came to an agreement on using Fl natural's with high % of grass removal.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Question

Who was the contractor?
Closed Thread

Tags
job, company, day, landscaping, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.