Village Palm stinks

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Default Village Palm stinks

We've used Village Palm a few times and have spent about $12000 with them. We have a smaller (not small)job for them to do. We have described to them what we want and they say they would look into it. We have called and left several messages for Jodi for weeks and have never got a reply. Apparently spending $12000 is not enough money to at least get a return call EVEN IF IT'S NOTHING MORE THAN THEY DON'T WANT THE WORK. DO NOT USE VILLAGE PALM.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post
We've used Village Palm a few times and have spent about $12000 with them. We have a smaller (not small)job for them to do. We have described to them what we want and they say they would look into it. We have called and left several messages for Jodi for weeks and have never got a reply. Apparently spending $12000 is not enough money to at least get a return call EVEN IF IT'S NOTHING MORE THAN THEY DON'T WANT THE WORK. DO NOT USE VILLAGE PALM.

When I read this, I wonder what the rest of the information is. I can't imagine a business held in such high regard by many, would not return calls. Why don't you drive over and talk to them again. What exactly are you asking them to do that they would have to look into it? Perhaps something outside of their usual realm like painting an existing structure or plumbing something not connected to the garden? I am curious. Sometimes no, but we will look into it is a gentle way of saying no.

I have no dog in this fight,never used Village Palm, but many people who I respect have said they had a good experience with them.

WHY don't you drive over and ask them again and then tell us what they said?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

I almost always get results from an "eyeball to eyeball" conversation as opposed to a phone conversation. If I don't get results from a personal one on one reasonable conversation, I just move on.

Maybe they have staff/workers on vacation, accident, sick, etc. etc.

OP, I do understand how you feel---not returning my phone call is one of my pet peeves!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Platinum member

WOW....this is the first negative I've heard of with Village Palms but there is always a first time. Call and ask for Wendy and I'm sure she will take care of you or like others say go in person to their place on 466. Wendy is very proud of her business and I'm sure will not be happy to hear of calls not being returned. Good luck and post the results.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

I agree, if you want to correct a problem go see them in person.....after all, why should the vendor have the responsibility to respond to you. My rule, you get one call, then you get a warning call then you get the "you are fired" call with a list of the social media that will advise the "world" my experience (includes facebook, totv and twitter for a start). It is not my obligation to make their business better, it is their requirement. By the way, I have heard other negative comments on Village Palms. I believe some of the issue is taking on too much business, not hiring enough people to support existing customers or having the financial capability to provide the support. Those problems are not limited to one Company, I think it crosses all service companies.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Callaway Guy

The OP doesn't want to talk to anyone at Village Palms; instead he/she wants to bash them on TOTV, AND TRY, to keep customers away from them. We recently spent over $14k with them and love our landscaping. We've called them several times after the installation to add a couple of more low cost items and have ALWAYS gotten a return call.

Man/woman up, put your big boy/girl pants on, and drive yourself to their facility on 466 and talk face to face with them.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:28 AM

We at Village Palms absolutely pride ourselves getting back to our customers. Why you didn't get a call back, I don't know. I can tell you it is not because we don't want the work, or because of too much work, or not hiring enough people, or any financial capabilities. To say we "stink" as company because of not returning a phone call seems a little harsh. Why don't you stop by and we will get this whole thing settled.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
We at Village Palms absolutely pride ourselves getting back to our customers. Why you didn't get a call back, I don't know. I can tell you it is not because we don't want the work, or because of too much work, or not hiring enough people, or any financial capabilities. To say we "stink" as company because of not returning a phone call seems a little harsh. Why don't you stop by and we will get this whole thing settled.
I enjoy TOTV, but the one fault I find with it is that it is too easy to assassinate a business or a professional in complete anonymity. It is not uncommon to see a tread initiated about a restaurant, physician, or other organization in a manner that offers no constructive criticism or has absolutely no intent to discuss perceived flaws or seek the thoughts of others. Instead the OP just unloads both barrels thoughtlessly. Just IMHO. And MnGirl, I wish you much success.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:52 AM
Sage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
By the way, I have heard other negative comments on Village Palms.
Agree, just do a search on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
after all, why should the vendor have the responsibility to respond to you. .
Because that's the way business works, can't believe you say that!

But to say drive over to a biz to discuss something should not be required the call should have been returned, but given the possibility the message was lost another call would be reasonable before posting here.

Other than that they are on the expensive side for their work.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Better yet, why don't you stop by and take care of your customer? You don't return phone calls, and then you tell he/she to drive to your store to clear things up? Unprofessional!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 AM
Sage
Default Village Palm stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Better yet, why don't you stop by and take care of your customer? You don't return phone calls, and then you tell he/she to drive to your store to clear things up? Unprofessional!

You are assuming the OP is completely accurate. There are always differing versions and two sides. As someone stated earlier, let's not be so harsh.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Better yet, why don't you stop by and take care of your customer? You don't return phone calls, and then you tell he/she to drive to your store to clear things up?

Unprofessional!
Bingo!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Sage

Just some friendly advice. Your post, as written, will not have the desired effect of countering the negative comment written by the original poster. In my opinion, you should have said nothing more than "Oops, we apologize and will drive over to your home to address the issue immediately". The first rule of crisis management is to accept blame and then state what you are going to do to address the situation. In your post, you did not accept responsibility and you put the onus on the customer to come visit you.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
You are assuming the OP is completely accurate. There are always differing versions and two sides. As someone stated earlier, let's not be so harsh.
I'm not assuming anything other than a representative of the company not offering to call the OP immediately, but instead telling the OP to drive over to her/his store to settle things. Based on that alone, I would not do business with that company.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:50 AM

So who is mmac???? Difficult to drive to ones home and take care of a problem when you don't know who they are. We are truly sorry for not getting back to you. All I wanted to do is fix the problem, and I felt if I told the OP to call "again" (so I could know who they are) that wouldn't have been the correct answer. So here's my personal cell number 352-459-9416.
Closed Thread

Tags
village, palm, $12000, money, reply, apparently, spending, work, call, return, smaller, smalljob, spent, times, stinks, left, messages, jodi, called, weeks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.