VILLAGE PALMS: Book 2
Home
Menu

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Default VILLAGE PALMS: Book 2

VILLAGE PALMS saga continues:Well, this journey began in Oct., 2017. We had plants removed and new plants put in. As we are not knowledgeable regarding what plants thrive in Fl., we relied on our salesperson, Danny, to guide us. He has the degree and experience.
Winter came and went and almost all plants needed replacing. It took 4 MONTHS of harping them to do the job. I suppose what clinched my displeasure was when, FOR THE THIRD TIME, a jasmine pair was put in. One is a huge plant and some 3 weeks later, the mate came. It is 1/4 the size of the other. They were to bookend several plants along the back wall of our CYV.
I am so sick of calling that I gave up. The person we regarded as the 'expert" at Village Palms gave us plants that did not survive a month.
The ground cover they put down is mostly gone! The 'expert' encouraged this cover. We got tens of thousands of mushroom sprouts within one week and he said, "Don't say that the cover caused that". Well, it did.
When one spends upwards of 14K, one expects the job to be done right.
The initial crew was great although they took plants they never should have. I wanted them back. NOPE. Aside from the plants taken, they did a good job. The Slate paths are nice. Lighting guy was back a few times and he did a good job. This is why they get a 2* rating. Otherwise, a sub-zero would apply.
Nobody since then has been good at following up.
BUYER BEWARE: I HAVE CALLED TO SPEAK WITH WENDY, THE OWNER. I have made 3 attempts and sent a note 3 weeks ago, again. From April till now, NO RESPONSE.
Perhaps it is a crimes against seniors issue. I don't know. Lots of people rave about them. As for us, DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU EXPECT TIMELY OR ANY FOLLOW UP. So disappointed and I am alerting all of my friends at clubs, golf groups, etc., NOT TO USE THEM.
I recognize that they have been great for many, but, SOMETHING has changed and NOT for the better.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Here's a thought - if you're retired, why not drive out to Village Palms on 466 and camp out there until you get resolution from the owner, the salesperson or someone?

You'd probably get quicker results than harping about the company on a website where no one is going to give you a solution that is satisfactory unless all you want to get a sympathetic cyber response.

And go...….
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Sage

I second KC’s suggestion to go there in person. My experience is similar to yours in that Danny did my design. I had plants removed that shouldn’t have been and new plants that slowly expired. I went down in person and spoke to someone with a copy of my receipt showing what plant/size I paid for and they replaced them all without question. Some plants were not available right away due to the season, but they replaced them when available.

The main problem was the plants weren’t put in the soil they needed to thrive, so they deteriorated slowly. The lady I spoke with gave me good advice on what to do that has revived many plants, but some had to be replaced by other types.

I was disappointed that despite requesting that Danny stop by to see the condition of his design, that never happened.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:46 AM

We did camp out and protest (seems the owners are absentees) after some time they returned to replace some of the damaged plants. Another of our biggest problems is with the ground cover they put down, we now have MORE weeds and very strange looking Mushrooms than we ever had with our older mulch. There is a bare section of our yard that we were told would be taken care of with ground cover plants - wrong!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:00 AM

I do need to say that a "sympathetic cyber response" is not the desired result. As my husband (RONGEE) stated, we DID the camp out route.
This is a note to advise others, not applicable to you I suppose, to be wary.
Just know that the owners do not respond to repeated requests and, despite multiple calls and queries, the personnel there does not seem to care.
Harrumph.
No snot-o-grams here. Just HONESTY.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Sorry they did not work out for you.

In general, caring people at V.P.
They live here and have been responsive to their customers.

As my Bride always reminds me, "You never know what is going on in their life right now."

Good Luck.
The right plant in the right place
Old 08-15-2018, 01:26 PM

Default The right plant in the right place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
VILLAGE PALMS saga continues:Well, this journey began in Oct., 2017. We had plants removed and new plants put in. As we are not knowledgeable regarding what plants thrive in Fl., we relied on our salesperson, Danny, to guide us. He has the degree and experience.
Winter came and went and almost all plants needed replacing. It took 4 MONTHS of harping them to do the job. I suppose what clinched my displeasure was when, FOR THE THIRD TIME, a jasmine pair was put in. One is a huge plant and some 3 weeks later, the mate came. It is 1/4 the size of the other. They were to bookend several plants along the back wall of our CYV.
I am so sick of calling that I gave up. The person we regarded as the 'expert" at Village Palms gave us plants that did not survive a month.
The ground cover they put down is mostly gone! The 'expert' encouraged this cover. We got tens of thousands of mushroom sprouts within one week and he said, "Don't say that the cover caused that". Well, it did.
When one spends upwards of 14K, one expects the job to be done right.
The initial crew was great although they took plants they never should have. I wanted them back. NOPE. Aside from the plants taken, they did a good job. The Slate paths are nice. Lighting guy was back a few times and he did a good job. This is why they get a 2* rating. Otherwise, a sub-zero would apply.
Nobody since then has been good at following up.
BUYER BEWARE: I HAVE CALLED TO SPEAK WITH WENDY, THE OWNER. I have made 3 attempts and sent a note 3 weeks ago, again. From April till now, NO RESPONSE.
Perhaps it is a crimes against seniors issue. I don't know. Lots of people rave about them. As for us, DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU EXPECT TIMELY OR ANY FOLLOW UP. So disappointed and I am alerting all of my friends at clubs, golf groups, etc., NOT TO USE THEM.
I recognize that they have been great for many, but, SOMETHING has changed and NOT for the better.
Stores offer plants for sale that simply will not live here. Up north I had a large collection of Peonies. The flowers are gorgious and they are very cold hardy. In the spring you will find them for sale in Lowes, Home Depo, Walmart type stores. IT IS SIMPLY TOO HOT AND PROBABLY TOO WET FOR THEM.

HIBISCUS are commonly PLANTED HERE. They are pretty. THEY ARE NOT HEARTY. Sooner of later the winter will kill it.

BEFORE,you buy any plant LOOK IT UP. Is it suited for our climate-zone 9B. Is it suited for our sandy, alkaline, clay?
Can you provide proper amount of water, drainage etc. Will the birds steal you fruit? I have a deal. They can have up to 50%. Their deal-I had a great crop of blueberries. I got to eat maybe 20 of them at most.

READ-SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE GROWING. SEE IF YOU CAN FIND AN OLDER ONE-it is far easier to put a small plant in than to take out one that you've found has gotten larger than you had PLANED ON.-
The art of complaining
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Default The art of complaining

Phone call-it is easy and we all use it but, in the end you have no proof you made the call or what was said, agreed to etc.

OLD SCHOOL PERHAPS BUT IT STILL WORKS AS IT ALWAYS DID. Send a registered return receipt letter. You have proof it was sent and it was received. Even if it is not accepted under the law they have been notified and if they refuse to sign for it you are actually in a better position you have legal proof that it was delivered and they don't know what was sent. If, you really want vengeance at low cost, you send it restricted delivery-cost an extrA 3-4 DOLLARS. tHE PERSON TO WHO IT IS ADDRESSED NEEDS TO GO TO THE POST OFFICE TO SIGN FOR THE LETTER PERSONALLY.
Danny B. was just here.
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

Default Danny B. was just here.

Apparently, the owner called Sean at VP and asked to look into this. Sean is the supervisor of the ground rew.
Danny B., the salesperson who was here originally, just spent 20 minutes going over our yard. Danny agreed that the ball was dropped after he put the work order in 1.5 months ago. Danny made suggestions about the cover sparsity situation, how to rectify weed and mushroom situation and is replacing feeble/dead plants again. Danny said that an incorrect jasmine was put in place, hence the size difference in the bookend plants.
Danny asked that we let him know status of work in one week as he will be out of town.
We will heed his advice and do our part. Dan is a good guy who, I believe, understands our frustration.
Cyber response?
Nope.
Somehow, someone read TOTV or my note on FB.
We are not unreasonable people after all.
Thank you all for your input.

Tags
plants, job, good, back, village