Village Palms: Heed this, please

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2018, 07:25 PM
Default Village Palms: Heed this, please

In October, we contracted with VP to have our back and side yards totally redone. Danny, our Salesman, came, assessed and designed a plan for us to see on his computer.
It looked great!
After a brief wait, the work crew arrived and over a 3 day period, pavers went down, slate paths set, plants in place. Granted, there were plants removed against my wishes and I never got them back. Danny assured me that they would "Be back in spring to replace them". I took him at his word.
The job looked great! The crew did a great job! Although infant plants, I envisioned this year and was so happy.
WINTER. Freeze. Most plants died.
We called VP in Feb as the plants were ALL guaranteed and we wanted to get started.
Danny asked us to wait till the end of Feb. We did.
In mid March, Danny returned, wrote up what we needed and said we would be done as soon as possible.
March turned to April which has now turned to May.
I called VP one month ago and was told, "they are on the way NOW". I said NO as we are not home and we need to unlock gates, etc. Additionally, we intend TO BE HOME when they come. She had to talk to her Supervisor.
A message later the same day advised that now "we are waiting until EVERYTHING is on the truck".
To date, the SUPERVISOR has NEVER called to apologized or offered any explanation.
Last week, I was away. A truck arrived with EIGHT (8) plants. They put them in and my husband inquired about the rest. A worker noted that there were MANY other dead plants and called Danny at my husbands behest. there are closer to 30 dead plants.Danny advised that he would come again and revisit the situation.
Fast forward to today, 5/22/18 and STILL NO RESOLUTION.
We are paying for what we do not have.
My frustration level is through the roof. I know what my next step is.
We are nice; patient people. No ridiculous demands. In fact, no DEMANDS at all. All we wanted was a fair shake and an honest deal.
We got shook, alright.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
In October, we contracted with VP to have our back and side yards totally redone. Danny, our Salesman, came, assessed and designed a plan for us to see on his computer.
It looked great!
After a brief wait, the work crew arrived and over a 3 day period, pavers went down, slate paths set, plants in place. Granted, there were plants removed against my wishes and I never got them back. Danny assured me that they would "Be back in spring to replace them". I took him at his word.
The job looked great! The crew did a great job! Although infant plants, I envisioned this year and was so happy.
WINTER. Freeze. Most plants died.
We called VP in Feb as the plants were ALL guaranteed and we wanted to get started.
Danny asked us to wait till the end of Feb. We did.
In mid March, Danny returned, wrote up what we needed and said we would be done as soon as possible.
March turned to April which has now turned to May.
I called VP one month ago and was told, "they are on the way NOW". I said NO as we are not home and we need to unlock gates, etc. Additionally, we intend TO BE HOME when they come. She had to talk to her Supervisor.
A message later the same day advised that now "we are waiting until EVERYTHING is on the truck".
To date, the SUPERVISOR has NEVER called to apologized or offered any explanation.
Last week, I was away. A truck arrived with EIGHT (8) plants. They put them in and my husband inquired about the rest. A worker noted that there were MANY other dead plants and called Danny at my husbands behest. there are closer to 30 dead plants.Danny advised that he would come again and revisit the situation.
Fast forward to today, 5/22/18 and STILL NO RESOLUTION.
We are paying for what we do not have.
My frustration level is through the roof. I know what my next step is.
We are nice; patient people. No ridiculous demands. In fact, no DEMANDS at all. All we wanted was a fair shake and an honest deal.
We got shook, alright.
Have you spoken to Wendy or her husband (owners), I know them personally and they are very honest and reliable. Call and ask to speak to either Wendy or her husband, this will be resolved.

I know this will not help, but this is a dreadful year for plants. I have five hibiscus that are just sending up tiny leaves and a Jatropha that was devastated this year and has only just started to grow. This has never happened before, the prolonged cold winter was a real problem for tropical plants.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-23-2018, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Moved here at the beginning of the 2009/10 winter. January was brutal to plants that were not meant for this zone. Guarantee or not, don't plant them again. The master gardeners at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival were a huge help in the dos and don'ts of choosing what to plant.

I've had positive dealings with Village Palms and hope the resolution is soon and satisfactory.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2018, 07:25 AM

Thank you. I know it will be resolved. The left and right hands.....
Disheartening.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:41 PM

Hi. I DID call and ask to speak with Wendy or her husband and I was told, "They're close to retired and they never come in. If the do, they just pop in quick and leave." SEAN JUST told me this.
Sean is the supervisor who never contacted me, despite requests and now I told him that I was DONE with the nonsense.
He is to call me back "shortly" after he makes some calls.
I want the owners to know what mayhem occurs when indifference reigns.
that is not likely to happen.
Hopeful; but doubtful.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:45 PM

This winter was particularly unkind to many Florida plants and VP was doing all it could to accommodate our customers. Many customers wanted plants replaced before the cold was over (March still had cold days), and plants are only replaced once, so we had to wait longer than usual. The cold was certainly a challenge for us to satisfy all our customers in the timely manner of our reputation. This throws our scheduling off and many times we are at a customers home to replace when it's not as convenient to them, we are only trying to accommodate as quickly as we can. I will get with Shon Tuesday and he will be calling you that afternoon. Wendy
Old 05-26-2018, 04:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Great reply and customer service!!
Old 05-26-2018, 04:26 PM

It appears that this business model needs attention to quality control, and general customer service issues. I did not have a positive experience with this company. I certainly would not recommend them to anyone
Closed Thread

Tags
plants, danny, called, great, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.