Village Residents Guilty of Crepe Murder!

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
The truth of the matter, Dr. Boogie, is that they shouldn't have any "knuckles" to begin with.
Also, crepe myrtles aren't trees, although they can be trained as standards.

Please refer to The Grumpy Gardner's second video for expert advice from a landscape maven.
Regardless, nothing has been murdered, and nothing has been killed. We are pruning vegetation back to where we think it will look good. These shrubs or whatever they are always come back and are beautiful.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldnomore View Post
not personally being an arborist, i'm wondering if a crepe myrtle is actually murdered (even if it's second degree), can it then be cut down, processed and repurposed into... crepe paper?

:d
groan!!
Old 06-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mrs. Robinson, you remind me of a person who used to post on this forum who was a master gardener. I bet you are too.
I've lived in Florida many years and am very plant knowledgeable.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I've lived in Florida many years and am very plant knowledgeable.

Not too complicated.. If you wanna block something or someone FAST... Plant bottle brush and walk away for fifteen minutes. Don't plant those little low to the ground evergreens, they get squirrelier by the month. Gardenias look good for two hours max. Plumbagos are big and pretty and blue if you treat them right. Bougainvilla's can take over and grow clear down to Orlando but their color, oh my. Hibiscus give you a lot of bang for your bucks. Hollys are pretty. Crepe Myrtle are indistructable. Palm trees need trimming and then removed and they bring palm rats.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Veteran member
Talking More Complicated Than you Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not too complicated.. If you wanna block something or someone FAST... Plant bottle brush and walk away for fifteen minutes. Don't plant those little low to the ground evergreens, they get squirrelier by the month. Gardenias look good for two hours max. Plumbagos are big and pretty and blue if you treat them right. Bougainvilla's can take over and grow clear down to Orlando but their color, oh my. Hibiscus give you a lot of bang for your bucks. Hollys are pretty. Crepe Myrtle are indistructable. Palm trees need trimming and then removed and they bring palm rats.
It's interesting. You are mentioning plants, trees and palms, most of which is what TV plants, mainly because they are cheap. They all don't necessarily do well here unless you're lucky.

If you get serious, it is somewhat complicated, particularly for the average layman as as far as how to plant and where to plant and what each of their requirements are.

BTW -- all shrubs and trees need trimming at some point -- not just palms.

Tags
crepe, myrtle, video, pruned, tree

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.