Walk-behind Lawn Mower Service Recommendations Please

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Sage
Default Walk-behind Lawn Mower Service Recommendations Please

My current lawn mowing service is decent. But they use a large ride-on mower that simply doesn't result in that sharp, freshly cut look I'm looking for after a mowing.

Can somebody recommend a service that mows using walk-behind mowers. And I'm not talking about some of those huge, broad mowers that might allow walking behind. I'm talking about more the usual mower that you or I might use for a small, midblock lot if we did our own.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:20 PM

Might go talk to folks that live in Villas close to you and see who they use.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
My current lawn mowing service is decent. But they use a large ride-on mower that simply doesn't result in that sharp, freshly cut look I'm looking for after a mowing.

Can somebody recommend a service that mows using walk-behind mowers. And I'm not talking about some of those huge, broad mowers that might allow walking behind. I'm talking about more the usual mower that you or I might use for a small, midblock lot if we did our own.

Thanks for your help.
I share your frustration, our guys that we have been using for several years always used push walk behind mowers. A couple of months ago they showed up with a brand new zero turn mower. The cut quality is not nearly as good and the tires rip up the lawn where they make their turns. Hopefully over time they will learn how to use their new mower without damaging the lawn, but I wish they never got the thing.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:43 PM
Platinum member

Good luck. These guys have a big investment in their commercial quality Zero Turn mowers 40+ inch wide mowers. They are as costly as our golf carts. Not cost sensible for them to use walk behind 20 inch wide cut mower and move 75% slower. Have seen some individuals cutting grass on some of the smaller lots, but do not know who they are and had no markings on their vehicle and question if their insured. Might suggest to have your company cut grass lower. In summer months probably dangerous due to the heat.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
…Not cost sensible for them to use walk behind 20 inch wide cut mower and move 75% slower…
It certainly can be. I will pay a bit more for the service. I’d be very surprised if walk-behind service is not available at an appropriate charge.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

My neighbors try to get me to mow their lawns, probably because I have a 22" deck electric (battery) mower. It is quieter than a gas unit. I have over ninety minutes run time so the extra lawns are no problem. I always found their desire to use me peculiar. So I guess that I am one of those guys without a sign around the neighborhood.

Last edited by Toymeister; 05-12-2021 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Default I live in The Villages and do Lawn Service with a 33" walk behind.502-594-2622 Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post

Thanks for your help.
I live in The Villages and do Lawn Service with a 33" walk behind. All work is done by myself, No Zero Turn. 502-594-2622, Gary
Old 06-20-2021, 01:59 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikenbats66

2518 ponce pl Alhambra section
Small lawn
Monthly price please
Closed Thread

Tags
mower, service, walk-behind, mowers, lawn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.