Walk Behind Mower Service - Recommendations Please

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2021, 10:50 AM
Default Walk Behind Mower Service - Recommendations Please

Due to a couple of features of my lawn, I really want a walk behind (no riding) mowing service to cut our yard.

Recommendations and experiences please.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
Due to a couple of features of my lawn, I really want a walk behind (no riding) mowing service to cut our yard.

Good luck with this one.

And yes, I agree those huge/heavy fast moving mowing machines do not need to be
tearing around those beautiful landscapes going 25mph lawn to lawn.

Walk behind mowers are the answer.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:41 PM

We have Clean Green, 352-406-6095, 352-499-1317 (Ryan), dependable, family owned, we have corner lot, $60

Last edited by jbartle1; 10-04-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Coy's Lawn Care LLC. Has been doing our yard for 3 months now and does a great job. Doesn't let the grass get tall enough to cut and bale hay like the other service we used. Pleasant and polite young man.

979-966-7755
Old 10-13-2021, 10:43 AM
Default Push mowing service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Good luck with this one.

I have lived in The Villages for over 10 years and in Lady Lake for 7years. I use to mow my own lawn with a Push Mower. About 6 years ago, I decided to hire someone else to do it. I could not find a reliable person or company to Push Mow and bag the clippings. I think I have had them all. I paid them their quoted price, that was not the problem. The problem was quality of work and reliability. I only fired one, the rest quit. I am 74 years old but today I went to Lowe’s and bought a Craftsman, 21 inch , self-propelled Lawn Mower. I’m tired of the aggravation with these Lawn Mowing companies. Most of my neighbors mow their own lawn. They would mow mine when I did not have anyone to do it. The rest don’t care or have zero standards when it comes to their lawns. They all have mowing companies that use the ZERO Turn riding lawn mowers.
I am sorry but I cannot recommend a mowing service. Maybe you will find someone. I am even thinking about hire a young kid to use my mower and mow my grass and I’ll pay him by the hour. Any volunteers??????
Dwight Brown
352-205-8536
kaydees@embarqmail.com
Old 10-13-2021, 10:48 AM
Default Lawn Mower Service

Quote:
Good luck with this one.

I have lived in The Villages for over 10 years and in Lady Lake for 7years. I use to mow my own lawn with a Push Mower. About 6 years ago, I decided to hire someone else to do it. I could not find a reliable person or company to Push Mow and bag the clippings. I think I have had them all. I paid them their quoted price, that was not the problem. The problem was quality of work and reliability. I only fired one, the rest quit. I am 74 years old but today I went to Lowe’s and bought a Craftsman, 21 inch , self-propelled Lawn Mower. I’m tired of the aggravation with these Lawn Mowing companies. Most of my neighbors mow their own lawn. They would mow mine, when I did not have anyone to do it. The rest don’t care or have zero standards when it comes to their lawns. They all have mowing companies that use the ZERO Turn riding lawn mowers.
I am sorry but I do not have a recommendation for you. Maybe you will find someone. I am even thinking about hire a young kid to use my mower and mow my grass and I’ll pay him by the hour. Any volunteers????
Dwight Brown
352-205-8536
kaydees@embarqmail.com
Old 10-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydees1 View Post
I am 74 years old but today I went to Lowe’s and bought a Craftsman, 21 inch , self-propelled Lawn Mower. I’m tired of the aggravation with these Lawn Mowing companies. Most of my neighbors mow their own lawn. They would mow mine when I did not have anyone to do it.

CONGRATULATIONS for cutting your own lawn.
I see people walk to keep in shape, golf to stay fit, ride bikes to keep healthy,
but wouldn't cut their grass on their postage stamp lawns...........
Old 10-13-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Where do you live in the villages? Some will only do certain areas of the villages.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:23 PM
Platinum member

Good luck finding someone who can cut per your parameters and who can do the job at a reasonable cost. I did enjoy cutting my own grass before moving here. Do not cut grass any longer. Live near Spanish Springs and have the smallest 2 car garage(and can not expand) that I have ever seen.

Wished I could give you a reference. My lawn company uses mowers 2x the speed of my golf cart.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

Special features. My personal truth. This is the first time in my life I ever hired anyone to mow my lawn. In high school I for several years had my own lawn mowing snow shoveling business.

Our previous home with a small 5,000 sq foot lawn, I think the previous owner used a gardener. It was like they planed it to be a pain in the neck to take care of. Time to mow the place when we first moved in was like 50 minutes. A few changes and pushing it, I could do it in 15 minutes.

My back is shot and I am older than I used to be. No one you hire can or will do a perfect job. You are not supposed to cut off more than 1/3 of the length of the grass blades. There are times when that means mowing twice a week no one but you can and will do that. Lawn mower blades are supposed to be,"properly," sharpened. It is unlikely the companies mowing lawns keep up on this all the time. Rain, you really should not cut a wet lawn, the cut grass does not spread out well and it spreads disease
Old 10-17-2021, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydees1 View Post
I have lived in The Villages for over 10 years and in Lady Lake for 7years. I use to mow my own lawn with a Push Mower. About 6 years ago, I decided to hire someone else to do it. I could not find a reliable person or company to Push Mow and bag the clippings. I think I have had them all. I paid them their quoted price, that was not the problem. The problem was quality of work and reliability. I only fired one, the rest quit. I am 74 years old but today I went to Lowe’s and bought a Craftsman, 21 inch , self-propelled Lawn Mower. I’m tired of the aggravation with these Lawn Mowing companies. Most of my neighbors mow their own lawn. They would mow mine, when I did not have anyone to do it. The rest don’t care or have zero standards when it comes to their lawns. They all have mowing companies that use the ZERO Turn riding lawn mowers.
I am sorry but I do not have a recommendation for you. Maybe you will find someone. I am even thinking about hire a young kid to use my mower and mow my grass and I’ll pay him by the hour. Any volunteers????
Dwight Brown
352-205-8536
kaydees@embarqmail.com
Amusing post. Been their done that including setting up a mowing, snow shoveling business in high school. As far as standards, my standard is good enough.

You may well find the only one who will meet your standards is you. As you are not running a mowing business there is no reason why you must do the whole job in one day.
Re: bagging. It you mow often enough and your mower has a mulching blade, there is no need to pick up the clippings. Not in Florida and we had far more space but I used to have two mowers one for bagging and the other for mulching. The mulching mower had a different blade and no provision to attach a bag. It had quality wheels and far lighter than a typical mower. It was not self propelled but it simply didn't matter due to light weight and quality wheels.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default No lawn cutting for me ever

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS for cutting your own lawn.
I see people walk to keep in shape, golf to stay fit, ride bikes to keep healthy,
but wouldn't cut their grass on their postage stamp lawns...........
Cutting your lawn once a week does not help you stay fit in fact it can be detriment to your health , a strenuous exercise that you do infrequently, to get any real benefits of exercise you must try to do something everyday, I work out in gym 5 days a week and I run , walk or bike everyday In the afternoon at 82 , but everyone should try to at least walk everyday , mowing a lawn , getting gas for it , cleaning it up and whatever else you have to do with them is not a low priority for me it a no priority and how about those Red Sox
Old 01-06-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:

I can maintain your yard.push mow only
Closed Thread

Tags
walk, mower, service, recommendations, lawn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.