Wayne's Water Works?

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Gold member
Default Wayne's Water Works?

I need to have someone check on my lawn sprinklers to see that I am getting adequate coverage in my yard. I saw his ad in todays Sun and was wondering if anyone has used him? Also if anyone has used someone that does this type of work and would recommend him.

Thanx

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
I need to have someone check on my lawn sprinklers to see that I am getting adequate coverage in my yard. I saw his ad in todays Sun and was wondering if anyone has used him? Also if anyone has used someone that does this type of work and would recommend him.

Thanx

John
I used Scott Olsteen (blue island construction) and was very pleased. He repaired a leak and checked the system completely - said everything was OK, didn't try to add on anything I didn't need.

352-425-2625
352-3300494
Old 05-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Smile waynes

I used Wayne about a month ago. Did a good job. However, he advertises inspection & adjustments for 29.00. He charged us 70.00 for cleaning and adjusting 6 sprinkler heads. Came back today to adust a head that went out of control. Only charged ten bucks. He seems to be very reliable.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:47 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

He also runs (ran?) another business in TV called Shrub Busters. I think it had some service issues as the BBB only rates it a B Minus (B-). His current company, Wayne's Water Works, is not listed with the BBB. No personal experience with this company so I can't comment on how well they do their job. It would be interesting to know how he transitioned from a landscaper/lawn service to a sprinkler system service. Neither of those businesses require a state license. There are probably circumstances where the sprinkler business would require a state license as a Plumber but generally it doesn't.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 AM

I used Wayne last week. Our house had been vacant for almost two years. Wayne turned the sprinkler system on, he had to dig out the sprinker heads which were buried from non use, he adjusted them, replaced several bad heads, and charged a total of $70 which I thought was very fair considering he spent more than an hour working on the system.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
I used Scott Olsteen (blue island construction) and was very pleased. He repaired a leak and checked the system completely - said everything was OK, didn't try to add on anything I didn't need.

352-425-2625
352-3300494
I used Scott the past two days and was very satisfied with his work. He replaced 3 sprinkler heads and moved two heads. He came when he said he would and was a nice guy (which I guess is neither here nor there). I thought the fees he charged were reasonable and would highly recommend him for irrigation and landscape lighting.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Platinum member

I used ChipParrish with Action Irrigation recommended in another thread. He did a superb job and was reasonable.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Default Waynes Water Works

Used him this past November came out checked the sprinklers and found everything OK and just charged me the $29.00
Old 07-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post

352-425-2625
352-3300494
I have been using Scott Olsteen for a few years. Very competent worker, very responsive and a truly nice guy. He was recommended to me by Mansfield Landscaping.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I love Jim Baumgartner (352/504-2317). He really knows his stuff and it shows.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Default Sprinkler Check Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I love Jim Baumgartner (352/504-2317). He really knows his stuff and it shows.
I couldn't agree more! Jim's a Village resident and he knows his stuff. He's willing to to take the time to show you things about your controller. Give him a call and you will not be disappointed!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.