Weeding for Snow-Birds

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2020, 06:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Weeding for Snow-Birds

Any recommendations for weeders for us part-time Villagers? I’ve gotten estimates for our courtyard villa that ranged from $20 a month to $50. We previously went with the low price and found out you get what you pay for. A great neighbor has been good enough to weed for us but we don’t want to burden them any longer. We are at Soulliere Villas in the north. I did a search first on this and there didn’t seem to be any current info. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Any recommendations for weeders for us part-time Villagers? I’ve gotten estimates for our courtyard villa that ranged from $20 a month to $50. We previously went with the low price and found out you get what you pay for. A great neighbor has been good enough to weed for us but we don’t want to burden them any longer. We are at Soulliere Villas in the north. I did a search first on this and there didn’t seem to be any current info. Thanks in advance.
We have a CYV have used Fernview Farm for a while now and they started offering twice a month during peak growing season.

Since we come down all year, I keep a bottle of ground clear and hit trouble spots when we are down. There is no doubt that you need a second hit during peak growing season which they define as June/July/Aug/Sep.

I do have cameras and they were definitely coming and they do a thorough job. Once a month just isn't enough at certain times a year. It's like there's a 5 week cycle, in that a spot is totally clear when they're hitting the other weeds, the weeds wait until the coast is clear and they shoot up. It's like they ping pong back and forth on which areas are weedy.

Our property is the largest landscape in our villa complex as we are on a corner, and we pay $21/mo.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
We have a CYV have used Fernview Farm for a while now and they started offering twice a month during peak growing season.

Since we come down all year, I keep a bottle of ground clear and hit trouble spots when we are down. There is no doubt that you need a second hit during peak growing season which they define as June/July/Aug/Sep.

I do have cameras and they were definitely coming and they do a thorough job. Once a month just isn't enough at certain times a year. It's like there's a 5 week cycle, in that a spot is totally clear when they're hitting the other weeds, the weeds wait until the coast is clear and they shoot up. It's like they ping pong back and forth on which areas are weedy.

Our property is the largest landscape in our villa complex as we are on a corner, and we pay $21/mo.
Thanks for all the info. That’s a reasonable rate. Hopefully Fernview will do our area. We also have cameras and we don’t remember getting an alert for one month that we were charged. I was paying for weeders and I was still afraid someone was going to report us for weeds. Thanks again.

Last edited by BRN_RI_FL; 12-26-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Hi Bruce, we are in Soulliere as well. We changed landscapers back in March or so and asked him to deal with the weeds. Deans spray the lawn and bushes but the landscaper is weeding and trimming bushes for $80 a quarter. The funny thing is we have not seen a bill yet.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Hi Bruce, we are in Soulliere as well. We changed landscapers back in March or so and asked him to deal with the weeds. Deans spray the lawn and bushes but the landscaper is weeding and trimming bushes for $80 a quarter. The funny thing is we have not seen a bill yet.
Thanks Gary, I sent you a private message.
Closed Thread

Tags
longer, burden, don’t, weed, soulliere

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.