weeping bottlebush tree

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Veteran member
Default weeping bottlebush tree

I would like to put in a weeping bottlebrush tree but all I have found so far have been huge, and over 200.00. The are in 30 gallon containers. Where can I find one that is in a 7 or 15 gallon container, for around 100.00? or less? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
I would like to put in a weeping bottlebrush tree but all I have found so far have been huge, and over 200.00. The are in 30 gallon containers. Where can I find one that is in a 7 or 15 gallon container, for around 100.00? or less? Thanks.
I have seen weeping ones at Lowes and Home Depot but haven't noticed the price. I don't think a hundred bucks..........

The Bottle brush bushes are sold for $9.99 and grow like a wildfire.

We planted ours a year ago and they have MORE than doubled in size. They make excellent privacy screens and are easy to plant, once the turf is removed, it is like shoveling out sand at the beach. Drop them in, add a little RapidGro and water...and voila you will have a large bottlebrush pronto.

Our electrical box has disappeared.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Word of caution... Make sure you DO NOT plant OVER any water pipes in your yard, I had a disaster yesterday b/c of huge deep roots from a Bottle Brush tree that was dug up by a landscaping company. The roots were intertwined with the water pipes, they all broke! Thank God they knew how to fix it, they told me that I would eventually have problems with the water in & out side of my house. You should call all the utility companies to mark the areas first .
Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 AM

I am looking for DWARF Bottle Brush does anyone know where I can buy a DWARF one?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Mary View Post
I am looking for DWARF Bottle Brush does anyone know where I can buy a DWARF one?
I bought mine at Fairfield Farms on Rt,. 301, north of Rt. 466.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Veteran member
Default dwarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Mary View Post
I saw them at Village Palms; they had more than seven of them.....dwarves.....get it? haha.
seriously tho, they were lovely plants.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I saw them at Village Palms; they had more than seven of them.....dwarves.....get it? haha.
seriously tho, they were lovely plants.
Was one called leafy?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio RailGirl View Post
I bought mine at Fairfield Farms on Rt,. 301, north of Rt. 466.
I just had my home landscaping updated by McGowan, who is a fairly established landscaper in TV for 12 years. I asked them do they have their own nursery like Terrascape, who did my yard originally? She said no, they buy their plants and trees from Fairfield Farms.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM

We went to Fairfield Farms recently and they seemed pretty pricey to me (we are from South Florida and figured everything was more expensive down there). Fairfield seemed like they were more interested in landscape design business than homeowners walk in business.

Is Villages Palms more like a retail nursery?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Was one called leafy?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieandCharlie View Post
We went to Fairfield Farms recently and they seemed pretty pricey to me (we are from South Florida and figured everything was more expensive down there). Fairfield seemed like they were more interested in landscape design business than homeowners walk in business.

I agree Fairfield doesn't seem to interested in your average gardener looking for a speical something - Village Palms is more attentive to all their customers. There is also a new nursery on a road I can't think of right now, but if you take 466A and make a right turn at the corner where the library, etc. are you'll find a new nursery before you get to 301 on the right. Seem to have a good amount of inventory.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieandCharlie View Post

They are also design oriented, they are high priced for sure.

Try home depot, one year guarantee.

Also good deals on craigs list

Just picked up super 4 nice Sago's from a small farm in Leesburg, $55 in super condition 8 years old.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 AM

I bought a weeping bottle brush (about 5 ft tall) last year from Fairfield Farms, put it in the trunk of my Honda Accord, planted it myself, and it is gorgeous this year. Cost $39
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Default No, not a good idea

Quote:
I had a weeping bottle brush tree and I took it down after 4 years. It has to be supported forever and it grows very fast. After a few years it looks terrible. You have to keep trimming it and the top gets so it is hard to reach.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I just had my home landscaping updated by McGowan, who is a fairly established landscaper in TV for 12 years. I asked them do they have their own nursery like Terrascape, who did my yard originally? She said no, they buy their plants and trees from Fairfield Farms.

Bought ours at the Market of Marion -dwarf
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.