Winter lawns - how often do mowers mow ?

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2021, 07:04 PM

I can’t understand why you said that. Paying money for nothing. I pay a monthly fee for my grass cutter. They have to support a family. Do you have any other activities except cutting grass. Lol
Old 01-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Durning growing season weekly, winter twice a month, other two weeks they start trimming all of our bushes, palms, and trees, and weed. Just the weeding alone is worth the every other week mow. All inclusive in our monthly bill
The problem is that the mowing is not done or needed for 3 months and none of the lawn people I have had would do any kind of lawn service for those months. I wouldn't mind paying someone for the entire year if they actually did some work during those 3 months.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Our lawn guy works as a golf cart mechanic during the winter months and charges us per cut.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydavid View Post
The lawn people we have and have had for several years charge us half rate during the winter months. They still come every 15 days or so, sounds fair to me.
That would be a little more fair. Mine have always charged full rate. Once I asked about whether there was a discount for the months they don't come and before the owner answered the question he asked me where I lived. When I told him I lived in The Villages, he said we don't give any discounts for the winter months. What does that tell you? If you live in The Villages, screw you.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
It is the scope of the job. 10 / 12 bucks a week is cheap when you must #1 buy the mower , trimmer, blower. #2 maintain said equipment and mow twice a week in the growing season #3 mow trim and clean up after mowing in the summer, frankly I would rather play golf lol
1. I've owned the mower, trimmer and blower long before I moved here.
2. Maintaining the equipment is once a season changing the oil in the mower, adding gas to the mower and blower, adding string to the trimmer occasionally and sharpening the mower blade.
3. Trimming (always first), mowing and cleanup is a piece of cake.

BTW, I also work 3 days a week and play golf 2-3 days a week in addition to working in my yard. It keeps me from looking pregnant like a lot of men in The Villages.

To each their own.......
Old 01-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie888 View Post
I can’t understand why you said that. Paying money for nothing. I pay a monthly fee for my grass cutter. They have to support a family. Do you have any other activities except cutting grass. Lol
Sure. Read my above response.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Once a month maybe.
That’s pretty good estimate! I mowed my lawn in TV about 4 times from Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb. & maybe Mar. I just about bet you some didn’t get their lawns mowed 2 times in 4 or 5 months.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Just like school teachers .
Careful......
Old 01-12-2021, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
When we lived in Minnesota, and we took vacations or trips longer than two weeks, we put our garbage service on vacation. We then received credit, and our garbage service expiration date would then be extended. We also paid for a whole year of the garbage service in advance, and we were given an extra free month of the garbage service.

If you’re garbage service is tied to your HOA fee, or if putting the garbage service on vacation isn’t an option, then you’re stuck paying for the garbage service that you don’t use in Florida, when you’re “up north” during the summer months.
No HOA fees in The Villages. We do have an Amenity Fee.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsenholzi View Post
My landscaper comes 4/5 times a month from March through Oct/ November /Dec ( depends on the growth and whether it’s cold and not growing - this year it was the coldest so he stopped earlier than normal ) He comes 1 / 2 times monthly from when he stops through March . I pay $45 a month regardless of how many times he comes. Frankly my lawn looks great! Up north, I was paying $45 a week for similar size property. I was actually paying more than double if you figure out my weekly cost for 6 months. I am grateful that I found my landscaper and more than willing to pay all year
Who is your landscaper please? Buying a Cottage home in Polo Ridge and need some recommendations for less expensive landscaping that is reliable-mostly grass, a few shrubs and a couple of palm trees- And what range should I be paying? $45 a month seems like a real bargain.
Closed Thread

Tags
month, february, december, cut, year-rounders---

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.