A Wonderful Plant Nursery

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Veteran member
Default A Wonderful Plant Nursery

In looking online recently, to see what plant nurseries were available in the Leesburg/Ocala area, I happened upon a listing for Struthers Nursery in Tavares. It was a nice ride and well worth the few extra miles. The owner, Tony, is extremely helpful when it comes to choosing the right plant for a specific location. He has a terrific selection of shrubs and some trees. All of his plants look so healthy and they are displayed beautifully, making it easy to walk up and down the sections and choose just the right ones. Prices at Struthers are very reasonable and many are lower than the box stores and other nurseries. And, if that isn't a good enough reason to visit this peaceful place Tony will throw in one free shrub for every 4 purchased. This can add up to a considerable savings if you are doing your own landscaping.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:05 AM

I've also been to Struthers and agree with the OP. Strolling through garden centers and nurseries and learning about plants is my "thing". Struthers is especially nice. Did I need a plant when I was at there...no. Did I buy a plant...yes. They had several unusual crotons I hadn't seen elsewhere. At least I limited myself to one. That way I have room to buy another the next time I visit.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.