Zoysia Green lawn service?

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Buyer beware. We purchased Zoysia Green by paying a full year in advance for services that are provided every other month. When I paid the 2nd year of service, I told them that I was interested in only a one year contract. After the final service, I purchased lawn products and treated the lawn myself. Without contacting me, Zoysia Green came to my home and treated my lawn, then left a $70 bill for the unrequested service. When I called them to inform them that I had not requested their service, they said that I'm still required to pay for it and that the contract continues unless I specifically request a cancellation. So, despite the fact that I had paid for a year and informed them that I was interested in a one-year service, they still came and treated my lawn and charged me for it. It just doesn't seem right that I should have to pay for a service that I didn't request; however, they said I had to pay it and that their contract clearly states I need to separately call and cancel the service for it to end. I will not recommend Zoysia Green and have no intention of ever using their services again. So very disappointed in their policy.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Default "goose grass" ?

Our lawn is about 3 months old and infested with what someone called "goose grass." Looks a lot like crab grass to me, but now I'm wondering from this thread if it's Torpedo grass. I've had it sprayed, but doesn't seem to matter. Does anyone have any suggestions or clarifications?
Old 07-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to albertehill

Buzzy,

How did your lawn turn out? Pleased with Zoysia Green?

Quote:
I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up
...Mark Twain
Old 07-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott8147 View Post
Our lawn is about 3 months old and infested with what someone called "goose grass." Looks a lot like crab grass to me, but now I'm wondering from this thread if it's Torpedo grass. I've had it sprayed, but doesn't seem to matter. Does anyone have any suggestions or clarifications?
Take a sample of the grass to the Extension office at the Sheriff's substation at 466 & Morse. See if they can identify it.

If it's torpedo grass, good luck. It has taken over most of my side yard and is present in patches everywhere. I was told there is no treatment for it that will not also kill the zoysia. And if I take everything up and re-sod, it will reappear after a while.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Gold member
Talking

Anyone have a picture of "Torpedo Grass" ????????? Goose Grass too???
Old 07-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertehill View Post
Buzzy,

How did your lawn turn out? Pleased with Zoysia Green?
Al, I responded in detail to your PM. But as a general update for this thread, I am reasonably happy with Zoysia Green service. While Bermuda-grass is so hard to control, at least they are spot applying Fusillade as part of the bi-monthly treatment. Overall the grass looks greener and more uniform, but there is only marginal reduction of the amount of Bermuda-grass.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.