Land behind Rio Grande Pool

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Default Land behind Rio Grande Pool

I am curious if anyone knows who owns the land behind the Rio Grande pool where the dog running area is and behind the croquet and lawn bowling rinks? Or how does one find out who the land owner is to contact him or her?
Old 01-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Veteran member

A year or so ago there was a rumor that the Developer exercised an option to buy all except that fronting HY466. There are already several Village streets that dead end directly at the property line. If the rumor was true, I can just see the Developer quickly cramming another 300+ villas into that area with little more effort than extending the existing roads, sewer, water and power lines. That would overload the existing Chula Vista recreational facilities nicely!
Currently it appears a local farmer continues to tend and harvest the hay grown on the land.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:48 PM

I am just trying to find out who the farmer is just to see if he still owns the land. They have recently drilled a well of some nature next to the croquet court. It appears to be water as they flooded the field recently. I would just like to talk to him.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

The "urban legend" that I heard was that these were the original "Villages" plots that were sold by mail way back when and were never developed. According to the Lake County property appraiser, it appears that The Villages currently owns approximately 89 of the 130 or so plots in this area.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:07 PM

You can find the property owners from the Lake County Interactive Map web site. Go to Google and do a search for "Geographic Information Services Lake County" and select that web site. Then select "Interactive Map" and then select "Lake County Connect". Find the property number you are asking about and enter that property number in the SEARCH bar and it will list the taxable owner of the property. I would list the link to that map, but as I recall, TOTV doesn't allow web site addresses. But maybe I can list the link this way and you can combine to enter the web site directly - Lake County Connect

Hope this helps.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

This is a map of the property.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

I have a list of the property owners behind my home on del rio dr, I,got it from city hall in lady lake a few years ago
Old 01-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

This map shows the parcels, orange are developer owned, green CDD.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
The "urban legend" that I heard was that these were the original "Villages" plots that were sold by mail way back when and were never developed. According to the Lake County property appraiser, it appears that The Villages currently owns approximately 89 of the 130 or so plots in this area.
We own a villa that backs up to that property of which you speak and we were told this exact same thing.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:28 AM
Sage

I was told it was to be a trailer park, Swartz was selling lots via mail order advertising water sewer and electricity (and he needed the money from lots to afford the utility work), US gov passed a law prohibiting mail order land sales shortly after they got started, the property was off the beaten path (in central Florida with nothing to cause anyone to drive by) thus sales were then nearly impossible.

Swartz forgets that trailer park and buy into another one that is going belly up, but has the roads and utility work already done, over on the busier highway. Morse comes along and says forget trailer homes, build stick built homes and advertise a utopia with amenities, entertainment, and convenient shopping, at a bargain price!

The people that bought the lots (looks like around 58 were sold) have to be disappointed that the utilities and roads were never put in. I was told a guy lived out there for a few years in his motorhome with a generator because he was ****ed about his purchase and the developer not doing what he promised.

If that is not true than it has to be close, as there is no way they would not have built on the property by now unless they could not (and the people that bought the lots are ****ed to the point they will not sell back the lots).
Closed Thread

Tags
land, pool, rio, grande, rinks, contact, bowling, owner, find, area, curious, owns, croquet, running, dog, lawn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.