Lawn Bowls Schedules for June

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Default Lawn Bowls Schedules for June

The Villages Lawn Bowls Club meets every Tuesday at 5 pm and again on Wednesdays at 9 am and 5 pm. We provide free tuition for new bowlers and have practice sessions, organised games, tournaments and league play. Everyone is welcome to come along and try the sport, we give flyers and informational handouts; we teach you how to bowl according to the laws of the sport, so that you get the most enjoyment possible out of the game. The only requirement is to please wear flat soled footwear, otherwise dress is casual. Our club is of mixed ability and we have many nationalities who take part in lawn bowling. We are not a "Brits" club, we are mostly Americans especially at this time of year. Lawn Bowls is a world wide sport and the USA has seven distinct Divisions, ours is the Southeast Division which encompasses all the clubs in Florida and North Carolina. During the winter season, we are very happy to have many Canadians and others from the UK and other countries join us. Our tournaments generally take place during the winter season as the weather is much kinder. We are now included in The Villages Senior Games and on a personal note, my bowls partner and I are off to the US National Championships in October in Arizona, having won the playdowns in April in the womens pairs for the Southeast Division. This is the fourth time in the last five years that I have been honored to represent the Division in both pairs and singles. Come and meet us and we will introduce you to a great sport, with gentle exercise, camaraderie and competition.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, sport, bowls, club, division

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.