BACKUP you entire Computer - OS and Applications and Data FREE

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 01:22 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Default BACKUP you entire Computer - OS and Applications and Data FREE

I use this program weekly and it has saved my BUTT several times. It is free and creates A full image OF YOU DRIVE WHICH CAN BE RESTORED. Also make a recovery disk to boot if you are in really deep do do.

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

Visit my website for GREAT information about The Villages Florida www.LyleGant.com

Backups
Old 07-06-2019, 09:19 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Default Backups

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Interesting, but the free versions does not backup files and folders, (no check mark), so this appears to be just an operating system backup???

I will need to do additional research on this, but thank you for the tip.
Sorry, but the FREE version does if you use IMAGE your drive. It backs up all your OS, Programs, Files and Folders. Be sure to create a recover disk as to restore you will need to boot off that, then do the restore.

Visit my website for GREAT information about The Villages Florida www.LyleGant.com

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 08:29 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

On Windows 10, System Restore is a feature designed to create a snapshot of your device and save its working state as a "restore point" when system changes are detected. In the event of a critical problem after installing an update, driver, or app, or after modifying system settings incorrectly using the Registry or another tool, you can use a restore point to revert your device settings to an earlier point in time to fix the problem without losing your files.

Although this is a handy troubleshooting tool, there's one caveat: For some odd reason, System Restore comes disabled by default, which means that you must enable it before you or Windows 10 can create restore points.

Closed Thread

Tags
deep, drive, free, make, restored