4th covid shot for immune compromised?

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2022, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default 4th covid shot for immune compromised?

I would think if one decided to get the 3rd shot (booster) in the initial days they would do so again for the 4th shot (booster).

The CDC direction is pretty specific. There does not seem to be much discussion regarding getting the 4th shot.

Using the same criteria we we did for shot number 3 we will be scheduling our 4th shot.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

The vaccine seems to wane starting 3rd or 4th month out. So it makes sense to get another if we only consider that. I can’t believe that her doctors did not protect the Queen enough to prevent her from getting Covid, at 96 she could be very vulnerable.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The vaccine seems to wane starting 3rd or 4th month out. So it makes sense to get another if we only consider that. I can’t believe that her doctors did not protect the Queen enough to prevent her from getting Covid, at 96 she could be very vulnerable.
They did all they could given that the shots don't work against getting covid at all.....
Old 02-21-2022, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,369 Times in 2,516 Posts

In UK an additional booster dose ( 4th. vaccination ) will be offered to all adults over-75 and the most vulnerable over-12s in the UK this spring.

All Covid restrictions will end in England on Thursday (24th Feb.) and free mass testing will stop from 1 April.

Que será, será!
Old 02-21-2022, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
What could her doctors have done? This?

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 02-21-2022, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

The doctors and her staff did not bring her probability of exposure down enough. She had official duties a week before meeting inside with people with no one wearing masks! Yes, I would have put her in the biggest bubble you ever saw. The virus is only a particle and the probabilities of exposure, are possible to control.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
The doctors and her staff did not bring her probability of exposure down enough. She had official duties a week before meeting inside with people with no one wearing masks! Yes, I would have put her in the biggest bubble you ever saw. The virus is only a particle and the probabilities of exposure, are possible to control.
Here staff? Probably. Her doctors don't dictate what the Queen does...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-22-2022, 07:39 AM

CDC needs to release data.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

I have had three shots, I'm over 75, and I'm done. The virus seems to be weaker now, and I have read far too much about the potential side effects of getting these vaccines over and over and over.

Everyone must make their own decision, and I've made mine.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Here staff? Probably. Her doctors don't dictate what the Queen does...
What about her airhead son? He just got over it and was with her. But she's a strong woman, even at her age she'll probably be fine, she's had all her shots.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I would think if one decided to get the 3rd shot (booster) in the initial days they would do so again for the 4th shot (booster).

The CDC direction is pretty specific. There does not seem to be much discussion regarding getting the 4th shot.

Using the same criteria we we did for shot number 3 we will be scheduling our 4th shot.
I honestly thought when we got our 2nd shots that would be the end of it. I got the 3rd shot.(booster) Now they’re talking about we will need a 4th shot. Is this going to be an ongoing thing. Will it come to a 5th shot then on & on. It just seems to me that they are guessing. I personally don’t like all of this serum pumped into our bodies. To me it’s the ones that’s never had the 1st shot. What’s your opinion about this?
Old 02-22-2022, 08:54 AM

Totally agree 100%
Old 02-22-2022, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
I've stopped at one booster shot. But you go right ahead and got all the booster shots you want. JUST DON'T START TELLING PEOPLE THEY NEED A 4TH SHOT. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!
NOBODY, said anything about "NEED" or worry!!!
Old 02-22-2022, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

I have autoimmune disease am I’m planning on getting my 4th. It is almost 6 months since my third. Good luck in whatever you decide
Old 02-22-2022, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

I don't encourage OR discourage anyone from getting vaccinations. I only do what I think is right for me. I originally got the shots to protect my spouse. Since she did not get the booster, I did not either. We both caught the dreaded Covid, and she fared better than I. Of course, she is on all kinds of medication, and I take none. Even though I got it worst, it only amounted to symptoms equal to a mild cold. I treated it as a cold, with over the counter cold meds. I am not suggesting that anyone do the same. I am only discussing my part in this. Will I get the booster? Well, from what I have read and heard, those that have survived the infection have three times the protection of those that have the vaccination. You have even more if you have both the shots and the survival of the infection. I am not an expert, and do not pretend to know what the medical experts know, just rationalizing according to my sense on the matter. At this time, I will not get the booster. Sure, I am taking a chance or gamble that IF I become infected with the virus again, that I will be able to survive it just as easily as before. Maybe I won't and that will be on me. Three of my children have had the virus before there was a vaccination available to them. Their spouses and their children have also survived the virus. I think it would be much easier to accept the free vaccination IF we knew without a doubt that we would be protected from becoming infected. Not that I agree with some folks reasoning, but I think they reason that it is better to catch a very high survival rate illness, than to get what they believe is a fairly new serum that will not protect them from catching the virus, and are concerned of any long term side effects that may be detrimental to their health later in life. Seniors should not have to be concerned with "long term effects" considering they would probably not live long enough for those hypothetical effects to actually effect them.
No, in all likelihood, I probably won't get the first or second booster UNLESS I fear the possibility of the virus coming back stronger than before. What others do is entirely up to them. I see no benefit in discussing a third or fourth or even a fifth booster. If the OP is looking for validation, he/she will only get opinions from this forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
shot, 4th, booster, discussion, specific

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.