Vaccine Protection Failure

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2021, 11:34 AM
Default Vaccine Protection Failure

Just a word of caution to those who have been vaccinated. Turns out that some individuals (one of us personally learned this first hand) who have a compromised immune system, kidney disease, diabetes, or transplants and who have been vaccinated may not have generated antibodies to the Covid Vaccination.

Rheumatologist casually mentioned this during a routine exam, ran a Covid test (to see if we ever had Covid because if you have had it you naturally generate some antibodies) and then ran a Spike test. He was shocked when one of our Spike tests showed no antibodies had been generated by the vaccination. The one with no antibodies has an autoimmune disease.

We are back to wearing masks everywhere...

The worst part of this is most who had the vaccine assume they are now Ok and won't get extremely sick even if they get the virus...nothing could be further from the truth.

Just wanted to make folks aware of the potential issues...
Old 07-17-2021, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Just a word of caution to those who have been vaccinated. Turns out that some individuals (one of us personally learned this first hand) who have a compromised immune system, kidney disease, diabetes, or transplants and who have been vaccinated may not have generated antibodies to the Covid Vaccination.

Rheumatologist casually mentioned this during a routine exam, ran a Covid test (to see if we ever had Covid because if you have had it you naturally generate some antibodies) and then ran a Spike test. He was shocked when one of our Spike tests showed no antibodies had been generated by the vaccination. The one with no antibodies has an autoimmune disease.

The worst part of this is most who had the vaccine assume they are now Ok and won't get extremely sick even if they get the virus...nothing could be further from the truth.

Here is an article on this. I personally think it is wise to get vaccinated and hope for the best. One could be seeing the results of the immune repressive medication. I am NOT a medical person, just a reader.
Covid vaccines may not protect people with immune disorders. NIH trial seeks answers.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:

People who are immunocompromised and fail to mount an antibody response are the very rare exception, not the rule. So your warning is appreciated, but only applies to less than 0.1% of the population.

Also, if you are "back to wearing masks", I hope it is at least an N-95 or better, since the usual masks will afford you next to zero protection. You are much better off with social distancing to protect yourself.

Stay well.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:

A member of this forum (I can't recall who it was but he is being treated for multiple myeloma) wrote recently that his oncologist warned him he likely had no antibodies following his vaccine because his chemotherapy suppressed his body's ability to form antibodies. My sister is being treated for same so I called her w a heads up. She, in turn, called her oncologist who confirmed that was likely the case. She was advised to limit contact w others, and when she did have contact, to wear a mask and keep her distance. My point, this info isn't out there for those that need to know about it. So thanks to Professor, and to the poster before him. THIS is the best use of ToTV.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:

Another reason why it was SO important for MOST people to get vaccinated. But thanks to the refuseniks, the few who *can't* be vaccinated, and the people whose vaccines aren't as effective, are MORE prone to becoming the victims of the current wave of virus.

The more people who are vaccinated, the less likely ANYONE is to get sick. Little too late for people to realize this, now. Maybe next time there's a pandemic they'll remember.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

The "un-vaccinated pandemic" (call it what you will) is not a surprise.

It is/was inevitable.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Another reason why it was SO important for MOST people to get vaccinated. But thanks to the refuseniks, the few who *can't* be vaccinated, and the people whose vaccines aren't as effective, are MORE prone to becoming the victims of the current wave of virus.

The more people who are vaccinated, the less likely ANYONE is to get sick. Little too late for people to realize this, now. Maybe next time there's a pandemic they'll remember.
Yep, blame those who are in Chemo, that the vaccine isn’t as effective.
They might be more worried about when the cancer starts to Mets.

But thanks for laying blame on those who have been diagnosed with cancer, and choose to Fight. So sorry their cancer has ruined your day, and made vaccine less effective.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,143 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post

But thanks for laying blame on those who have been diagnosed with cancer, and choose to Fight. So sorry their cancer has ruined your day, and made vaccine less effective.
That is exactly the complete opposite of what was written. Your furor is obstructing your reading comprehension. What was written was that those who are immune suppressed are victims of those who have refused to be vaccinated and are now the rats spreading the plague.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:08 AM

M95 is all we use and all we have ever used. While only a small percentage of individuals are impacted by this, when you are one of those impacted, it becomes a game changer. I would still advocate everyone getting vaccinated, but immune suppressed individuals probably need some additional testing after they are fully vaccinated to insure they have the immunity they would expect to have.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:36 PM

That’s not how I interpreted what was written. Better read it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post

Old 07-18-2021, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Please get vaccinated, if you’re like me, it will make you unexpectedly - happy.
Old 07-18-2021, 05:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Please get vaccinated, if you’re like me, it will make you unexpectedly - happy.
To whom is this directed? I think the OP has been vaccinated.
Old 07-18-2021, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
To whom is this directed? I think the OP has been vaccinated.
Anybody who is hesitating to get vaccinated.

Personally, I find it gratifying to know that most fully vaccinated people don’t tend to infect those who can’t get an immune response. It’s like giving to charity but you get the bonus of feeling somewhat safer too. Win-win in my book.
Old 07-18-2021, 05:42 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

dau #3 got vax'd 3 mos ago & recently test'd + nevertheless
Old 07-18-2021, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
dau #3 got vax'd 3 mos ago & recently test'd + nevertheless
And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night----what's your point? Is it that the vaccine is not 100% effective? Yes, that would be correct. Was she sick or just had a positive test?

Three of my neighbors, fully vaccinated were going on a trip, all 3 tested positive. They went to a different testing center and 2 tested neg, the other tested negative the next day. Given the CDC assertion that the breakthrough rate is 0.007%, 3/3 testing positive is a nearly impossible statistical anomaly, so I tend to think something is going on with the test in the vaccinated
Closed Thread

Tags
antibodies, covid, generated, disease, ran

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.