Ablation Opinion

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2021, 08:52 PM

Experience, experience, experience. That is the key to have the best chance for a successful outcome. Look for an EP who has done THOUSANDS of ablations and who has a high record of success. I had a pulmonary vein isolation ablation done in 2017 by the head of the electrophysiology department at St. Francis Hospital in Roslyn, NY. No episodes since then. Hopefully I will remain a “one and done.” Got back my life. Do a thorough search and good luck!
Old 01-29-2021, 10:12 PM
Default Heart Ablation

Just saw your post. I have Dr. Inamdar as my Electrophysiologist and I find him to be “top notch” he did my Heart Ablation about 5 years ago shortly after his arrival in TV. Everyone is different with varied opinions. I was a CEO of a multi Health Care Teaching Hospital, so I may have different expectations for myself than others. Mine was done at the Leesburg Hospital. I was in the Cardiac Unit and the care, entire staff was excellent. Nursing Staff had nothing but praises for Dr. Inamdar. The only medication I take is Eliquis. It is not unusual to have the Heart Ablation more than once. PM me if you have any questions
Old 01-30-2021, 01:34 AM

Dr Asevido in Ocala did mine, he is very knowledgeable, professional and will give you all the time you need. He works at Advent in Ocala, a great hospital. I had open heart there also by Dr Kwon, she is amazing.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
My husband had this done back home and it helped somewhat but did not cure the problem. He still requires medication to slow down his heart rate and is checked every six months.
Ma'am If your husband still requires medicine, you should seek another Electrophysiologist..
Old 01-30-2021, 03:53 PM

I love Dr. Imandar
Old 01-31-2021, 09:37 PM

I have a fib and had a heart ablation in November. The procedure was a piece of cake. After the procedure they take you back to recovery where you have to lay flat on your back for 4 hours and not lift up your head. Then after the 4 hours you get to go to your room. The 4 hour thing was annoying because they never told me about that before the procedure. You get to go home the next morning. I have had 0 episodes of a fib since it was done and no pain from the procedure. Dr Acevedo from Ocala did my procedure. I liked him. Good luck
Closed Thread

Tags
ablation, obtain, opinion, inamdar, heart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.