Actual Florida Hospitalization Numbers

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2020, 07:13 AM

You have to be careful if you listen or watch the fake mainstream news. They tell you stories like Texas hospitals are nearly full. They leave out the fact that only 15% are COVID-19 patients. The fake mainstream news hopes that people will assume that all of the patients are COVID-19 patients.

Recently, an NBC contributor faked that they had COVID-19. He was tested negative 6 times for COVID-19 and didn’t have the antibodies either. No one should be watching or listening to the mainstream media, which is nothing but propaganda.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:14 AM

>>Florida's hospitals are being overrun with a surge of new covid 19 cases. <<

Those English majors that write for newspapers can write those words which are true if there are TWO hospitals in all of Florida in the stated condition.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:15 AM

Can you share the email address for the chief medical officer? I did not receive the email he sent.

Last edited by Foxmd; 07-15-2020 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxmd View Post
Can you share the email address for the chief medical officer? I did not receive the email he sent.
Workbook':' Public
Old 07-15-2020, 07:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
The advisory did not state that the hospitals are overrun with covid patients. Mostly it was an advisory to stay safe during this new surge.
sorry, but the very cynical me views this as The Villages being very scared that it could turn into a disaster. which is why, with today's article on the front page, they again focused on the virus. I view this as alarming as they have usually relegated virus information to a blurb somewhere buried deep inside the newspaper.

if others want to quibble about percentage of beds, etc. fine...but 9 available ICU beds in Sumter County is troubling to me.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
sorry, but the very cynical me views this as The Villages being very scared that it could turn into a disaster. which is why, with today's article on the front page, they again focused on the virus. I view this as alarming as they have usually relegated virus information to a blurb somewhere buried deep inside the newspaper.

if others want to quibble about percentage of beds, etc. fine...but 9 available ICU beds in Sumter County is troubling to me.
Two years ago at Christmastime my heart slowed down to 37 beats a minute and I was placed in "Critical Care" which is not the same as "Intensive care". I think there are a lot more of those beds and beds in what they call the "Step down unit", where people are still in great danger and monitored closely.

what is the difference between critical care and intensive care? - Bing

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-15-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,042 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post

Once upon a time would treat stuff in the media as factual/ Now I feel we should question everything they print as do not trust them.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,042 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
You have to be careful if you listen or watch the fake mainstream news. They tell you stories like Texas hospitals are nearly full. They leave out the fact that only 15% are COVID-19 patients. The fake mainstream news hopes that people will assume that all of the patients are COVID-19 patients.

Recently, an NBC contributor faked that they had COVID-19. He was tested negative 6 times for COVID-19 and didn’t have the antibodies either. No one should be watching or listening to the mainstream media, which is nothing but propaganda.
So sad that the media keeps putting out phony stories
Old 07-15-2020, 08:09 AM

I appreciate this information because all the other Numbers have serious issues Deaths counted as Covid Deaths are the number that died WITH Covid not just deaths FROM Covid. So if you died from a gunshot wound or a heart attack or whatever it would be counted as a “death”. Personally, I would rather know how many died from it. It with it

Also, now they are counting “Probable cases” Not just actual positive tests as “cases” . I’ve heard and need to fact check that in some areas one case can be counted as 10-20 cases. Since this is a new way of counting, in addition to doing more testing, of course the numbers would really surge.

Thus, I have been thinking that the best way to know the Extent of the issue is to see what is going on with ICU beds. Another clue might be in how many beds are filled Now compared to preCOVID.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:11 AM

Words are powerful they can mislead the media is a great example I reread the Village Health update I do not see advisory I just see where he says this is an update but using the word advisory can put fear in peoples lives so please let’s be careful with the words we choose.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:22 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
You see many media reports that Florida's hospitals are being overrun with a surge of new covid 19 cases.

The problem with those stories is that actual data shows it's not true. As of yesterday July 13 here are the numbers.

Today's occupancy:
All Beds: 77.1%
ICU Beds: 79.5%

One week ago (July 6th):
All Beds: 75.8%
ICU Beds: 77.8%

75% to 85% occupancy is considered to be normal and the "sweet spot" for hospitals, they are built to make a profit but they like to have a little excess capacity.

Covid 19 patients occupy 13.4% of those beds, the rest are occupied by normal elective surgeries, heart attacks etc.

You can find accurate data at this site, which is updated daily. You can check for regular and ICU beds by county and hospital every day. This site is the Agency for Health Care Administration, a State agency.

Workbook':' Public

At the top of the page you can click on the stats you want to see, beds by county, ICU beds by county, ICU beds by hospital etc Currently there are 19% of all Florida ICU beds available.

What about the hotspots? Are they being "overrun"

Broward: 12% available ICU beds

Miami Dade: 15% available ICU beds

Orange: 27% available ICU beds

Palm Beach: 26% available ICU beds

What about Sumter? 22% available ICU beds

There are currently two Florida counties with zero available ICU beds, Nassau and Okeechobee, these counties only have a total of 8 ICU beds each.

You can bookmark the link above and check for yourself anytime you want.
This means nothing without context, nor without comparison to pre-covid-19, nor without commentary from the actual experts who know what these numbers mean given we are in a pandemic. You are working awfully hard to dowmplay the seriousness of the situation, not sure what your agenda is but I wish you would find a hobby. This mis-information and out-of-context data just confuses things and encourages people to not take appropriate precautions. Do you really want to be responsible for that?
Old 07-15-2020, 08:25 AM

The fallacy in your argument is that you are using information from the state of FL, do not believe that to be true. Remember the gov fired the person who was keeping the stats because she would not lie. You are very foolish to believe that site. Look and listen to the medical people in those affected areas, they are being overrun and the gov is a fool.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
This means nothing without context, nor without comparison to pre-covid-19, nor without commentary from the actual experts who know what these numbers mean given we are in a pandemic. You are working awfully hard to dowmplay the seriousness of the situation, not sure what your agenda is but I wish you would find a hobby. This mis-information and out-of-context data just confuses things and encourages people to not take appropriate precautions. Do you really want to be responsible for that?
Normal Hospital occupancy rates are 75-85% without a pandemic. Google it

No mis-information has been posted, just numbers on Hospital occupancies and capacities that are updated daily by a Florida State agency.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
The fallacy in your argument is that you are using information from the state of FL, do not believe that to be true. Remember the gov fired the person who was keeping the stats because she would not lie. You are very foolish to believe that site. Look and listen to the medical people in those affected areas, they are being overrun and the gov is a fool.
Fake news, she was fired for being incompetent.

The hospital stats I posted are from an entirely different Florida State website.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:46 AM

Always knew the virus hype was a hoax!
Closed Thread

Tags
beds, icu, florida, hospitals, county

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.