Actual Florida Hospitalization Numbers

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
This means nothing without context, nor without comparison to pre-covid-19, nor without commentary from the actual experts who know what these numbers mean given we are in a pandemic. You are working awfully hard to dowmplay the seriousness of the situation, not sure what your agenda is but I wish you would find a hobby. This mis-information and out-of-context data just confuses things and encourages people to not take appropriate precautions. Do you really want to be responsible for that?
I agree with you. It seems so many want to downplay this Pandemic.
How about we give the health care workers a break? Everyone do your part. Wear a mask, social distance and stop posting numbers that could easily be manipulated.
People are getting sick at record numbers and they’re ending up dead.
Wake up.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:55 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Normal Hospital occupancy rates are 75-85% without a pandemic. Google it

No mis-information has been posted, just numbers on Hospital occupancies and capacities that are updated daily by a Florida State agency.
Yes, google and Fox make you an expert. Again no context from those actually in the thick of it. Why is it every doctor and nurse interviewed are so concerned, stressed out, etc.? There is so much more going on here and your attempts to simplify and minimize are not helping. Do you really want to be responsible for convincing others to treat this lightly? I wish TOTV would step in and put an end to these kinds of mis-information posts.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Yes, google and Fox make you an expert. Again no context from those actually in the thick of it. Why is it every doctor and nurse interviewed are so concerned, stressed out, etc.? There is so much more going on here and your attempts to simplify and minimize are not helping. Do you really want to be responsible for convincing others to treat this lightly? I wish TOTV would step in and put an end to these kinds of mis-information posts.
I'm already an expert, I told you to google it so you could be better informed about normal hospital occupancy rates without a pandemic.

If media wants a story about hospitals being overrun they call up the very busiest ones and get the quotes they want for the story. They could easily access the same data I linked in this thread but that is not the story they want to tell.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinFL View Post
I agree with you. It seems so many want to downplay this Pandemic.
How about we give the health care workers a break? Everyone do your part. Wear a mask, social distance and stop posting numbers that could easily be manipulated.
People are getting sick at record numbers and they’re ending up dead.
Wake up.
Are any of the people commenting on these posts currently working in healthcare, in a hospital setting and have first hand experience of what is really going on?? I am, and i can tell you so many of you are way off.
Unfortunately, talking out on such a forum could cost many of us our jobs. If we all could talk without fear of repercussions, you would be amazed at the reality of the situation. Numbers are numbers and can be spun in many different ways. The reality and truth lies with those who live in the environment on a daily basis.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
You see many media reports that Florida's hospitals are being overrun with a surge of new covid 19 cases.

The problem with those stories is that actual data shows it's not true. As of yesterday July 13 here are the numbers.

Today's occupancy:
All Beds: 77.1%
ICU Beds: 79.5%
Numbers and statistics can be viewed by anyone.
One week ago (July 6th):
All Beds: 75.8%
ICU Beds: 77.8%

75% to 85% occupancy is considered to be normal and the "sweet spot" for hospitals, they are built to make a profit but they like to have a little excess capacity.

Covid 19 patients occupy 13.4% of those beds, the rest are occupied by normal elective surgeries, heart attacks etc.

You can find accurate data at this site, which is updated daily. You can check for regular and ICU beds by county and hospital every day. This site is the Agency for Health Care Administration, a State agency.

Workbook':' Public

At the top of the page you can click on the stats you want to see, beds by county, ICU beds by county, ICU beds by hospital etc Currently there are 19% of all Florida ICU beds available.

What about the hotspots? Are they being "overrun"

Broward: 12% available ICU beds

Miami Dade: 15% available ICU beds

Orange: 27% available ICU beds

Palm Beach: 26% available ICU beds

What about Sumter? 22% available ICU beds

There are currently two Florida counties with zero available ICU beds, Nassau and Okeechobee, these counties only have a total of 8 ICU beds each.

You can bookmark the link above and check for yourself anytime you want.
Numbers and statistics can be viewed anyway you want them, whether true or not. But, you are missing the point by being reactive instead of proactive. That has been the problem since day one with our a President and our governor. Is it comforting to know that an ICU bed is available? I guess, but more important what is the game plan to stop the spread so we don’t need the ICU bed?? Florida has significant issues and something has to be done. The Villages is not a protective bubble..... I know three people who have had it or have it. People are coming here to get away from it in South Florida. Just met a couple on the golf course that got a cheap summer rental to escape it. Our numbers do not even support being in Phase 2. It only takes a few to start a major spread as evidenced in house parties, bars etc.
Considering our demographics and that many people over 65 have or have had medical issues, I think we should each manage our risk and the risk to others.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:02 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosby114 View Post
Always knew the virus hype was a hoax!
I have a bridge over Hwy 44 I’d like to sell you too.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
But the media wants us to think the world is coming to an end how can you add facts to the narrative?
Perhaps we are tuned in to different media out there. The media I experience most assuredly is NOT urging me "to think the world is coming to an end." It is, however, making a strong point that I feel is accurate: that there is still considerable more Covid-19 ahead of us than anyone cares to acknowledge, and if we don't handle it wisely, the problem with only continue and possibly worsen. Possibly, not certainty!
Old 07-15-2020, 10:07 AM
theruizs

Quote:
I'm already an expert, I told you to google it so you could be better informed about normal hospital occupancy rates without a pandemic.

If media wants a story about hospitals being overrun they call up the very busiest ones and get the quotes they want for the story. They could easily access the same data I linked in this thread but that is not the story they want to tell.
If you don’t believe the media’s data and story, why would we believe yours. I can google your data, I can google their data, why should I believe yours? Again, I think I will stick with what those who are actually involved in dealing with it have to save and show. I’m just trying to explain to you that you cannot do what you’re doing here without responsibility. And as close as we all are to having to account for our mistakes I think it’s good to avoid new ones as much as possible, FWIW.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Numbers and statistics can be viewed anyway you want them, whether true or not. But, you are missing the point by being reactive instead of proactive. That has been the problem since day one with our a President and our governor. Is it comforting to know that an ICU bed is available? I guess, but more important what is the game plan to stop the spread so we don’t need the ICU bed?? Florida has significant issues and something has to be done. The Villages is not a protective bubble..... I know three people who have had it or have it. People are coming here to get away from it in South Florida. Just met a couple on the golf course that got a cheap summer rental to escape it. Our numbers do not even support being in Phase 2. It only takes a few to start a major spread as evidenced in house parties, bars etc.
Considering our demographics and that many people over 65 have or have had medical issues, I think we should each manage our risk and the risk to others.
0.6% of Sumter County residents have caught covid since day one. As of July 4, there were 133 covid cases in The Villages itself. So percentage of Villagers is even smaller. The median age of new cases for last 3 days is 40, 28, and 45. What's that mean? Villagers are being very careful and don't need the panic pushers unsolicited advice.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
If you don’t believe the media’s data and story, why would we believe yours. I can google your data, I can google their data, why should I believe yours? Again, I think I will stick with what those who are actually involved in dealing with it have to save and show. I’m just trying to explain to you that you cannot do what you’re doing here without responsibility. And as close as we all are to having to account for our mistakes I think it’s good to avoid new ones as much as possible, FWIW.
It's not my data, it comes from

AHCA: About AHCA

I'm not doing anything other than posting the most accurate data possible. If news media would report accurate data I'd have fewer threads to post.

Believe whatever you like
Old 07-15-2020, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
0.6% of Sumter County residents have caught covid since day one. As of July 4, there were 133 covid cases in The Villages itself. So percentage of Villagers is even smaller. The median age of new cases for last 3 days is 40, 28, and 45. What's that mean? Villagers are being very careful and don't need the panic pushers unsolicited advice.
As of July 15th, the Florida State website shows The Villages in Sumter at 260 cases, and The Villages in Lake county is at 16. So in 11 days the number of cases in The Villages has doubled.

For those wondering, that state run website http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_pa...rts_latest.pdf
Old 07-15-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

If there was a real fire in a theatre and someone yelled "FIRE". Then another yelled, "No FIRE, we should ignore it". Who would people blame?
Old 07-15-2020, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Fake news, she was fired for being incompetent.

The hospital stats I posted are from an entirely different Florida State website.
Incompetent or a patriotic whistleblower? That is a detail. A tree in a mighty forest of overwhelming facts for all who look and REALLY see.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneman View Post
Are any of the people commenting on these posts currently working in healthcare, in a hospital setting and have first hand experience of what is really going on?? I am, and i can tell you so many of you are way off.
Unfortunately, talking out on such a forum could cost many of us our jobs. If we all could talk without fear of repercussions, you would be amazed at the reality of the situation. Numbers are numbers and can be spun in many different ways. The reality and truth lies with those who live in the environment on a daily basis.
You are anonomous here. Knock yourself out. Speak the truth as YOU see it!
Old 07-15-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Well said.
Closed Thread

Tags
beds, icu, florida, hospitals, county

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.