Age You Felt Old

Age You Felt Old

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Age You Felt Old
Old 03-19-2019, 02:42 AM

Default Age You Felt Old

Just curious if I am on track with the majority. I sincerely do not recall much difference in my physical health between 45, 55 and even 65, but as I enter my early 70’s, I am very aware of my age. I now have to get out of bed slowly to judge how my balance is, I’m stiff and most annoying is that if I did anything physical yesterday, the muscles used are soar. I am; however, thankful that after 15 minutes, I have coffee, work out the kinks, find my bearing and am ready for the day. I am happy to say that I still do all my own yard work, fix my own plumbing as needed etc, etc..
Well, i feel great now and ready for a new project.

Happy aging to all.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:59 AM
Veteran member

In my eighties now, but never been old in all my life.
Bit slower? Yes, but I will never be old!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2019, 05:09 AM

Yes Two Bills, I agree, I still think I am in my 20’s, but my point is, that I never or rairly had aches/pains in the morning in my 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, but now in my 70’s it seems that it came on over night. One morning I woke up with aches and pains and that has became the normal. Now, I never wake up, jump out of bed and start my day. I have to have coffee and work out the stiffness and that went from rarely to every day over night about two years ago. But, I am happy and greatful that I still do all my own choirs and handy man duties.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:41 AM

It sort of comes and goes... first I felt old when I realized all my favorite songs were 10 years old, but I got over it. Then I felt old when I realized the kids I worked with were BORN the year I graduated high school! Then I got over it. It finally did bother me when I turned 60, but I got over it - sort of. Now I'm grateful that I am still healthy and active, and hope to stay that way for a while.
Enjoy
Old 03-19-2019, 06:08 AM
Platinum member

Smile Enjoy

I am also in my middle 80's and enjoy life. Avoid stress, don't celebrate birthdays as they are just a way of making you feel old.
Also don't concentrate on the negatives and keep positive. Do good
and keep busy. Volunteer and remember there are some who will treat you like your old and don't think you are still "use able". Disregard these idiots and remember they will be older and will then get religion. Net: Don't worry just take each day as a gift.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I am also in my middle 80's and enjoy life. Avoid stress, don't celebrate birthdays as they are just a way of making you feel old.
Also don't concentrate on the negatives and keep positive. Do good
and keep busy. Volunteer and remember there are some who will treat you like your old and don't think you are still "use able". Disregard these idiots and remember they will be older and will then get religion. Net: Don't worry just take each day as a gift.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:33 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Until I came down here, surrounded by all these old people.............now I feel younger.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:34 AM
Sage

The day my kids laughed at me for asking for a Senior Discount @ Dunkin Donuts. I don't like all the aches and pains and do speak of them sometimes but try not to let them take over my good attitude. I don't want to be negative because it rubs off on those around me and then the entire operation turns negative.

I started feeling older at about 55 but I'm fighting the feeling for certain.

Great Thread, Thanks.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:03 AM
fw102807

My body may think I'm old but my mind says I'm still young. It's a struggle.
agree
Old 03-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
My body may think I'm old but my mind says I'm still young. It's a struggle.
i agree with this post! internally i still feel like a high schooler but then i look in the mirror and get a reality check the morning stiffness goes away quickly....i go to Curves and they have a sign up, "Don't let the old woman in" which i believe is a good motto!

Tags
age, ready, physical, work, happy