Age You Felt Old PART 2

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2019, 08:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts
Default Age You Felt Old PART 2

Another thought that might be tied to my getting Old feelings of aches and pains: I have been a moderate social drinker for many years and wondered if my couple of high balls in the evening could be contributing to my morning aches and pains.
Well, I stopped any form of alcohol several weeks ago to test that theory. It seems that drinking has had no effect on the aches and pains. I do think if anything, I am sleeping a little more sound, but only slightly. I dont have any signs of craving alcohol, but I do miss the two drink buzz that it gave me.

BOTTOM LINE ASSESSMENT:
I’m getting older and I will have minor aches and morning stiffness for the duration. I know, I have too much free time. LOL

I am thankful that I am otherwise very healthy.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:46 AM

I would suggest rearranging your schedule so you have the two highballs in the morning!....
Old 03-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,417 Times in 5,108 Posts

Researchers are always studying and warning about the negative physical consequences of moderate alcohol use on the body, and some of the positive ones, too. But, I wonder if they are factoring in the psychological positive effects that alcohol has on people. Or, do they just ignore them.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Researchers are always studying and warning about the negative physical consequences of moderate alcohol use on the body, and some of the positive ones, too. But, I wonder if they are factoring in the psychological positive effects that alcohol has on people. Or, do they just ignore them.
Humm, good point. I can say for sure the two following examples:

1. I feel fine going to bed after dinner with Zero alcohol.
2. I feel a sense of a more satisfied day with 2 highballs.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

I felt old when one day I was standing outside a store and two young girls started talking about their periods. It was obvious that I was old AND invisible!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
I felt old when one day I was standing outside a store and two young girls started talking about their periods. It was obvious that I was old AND invisible!
Old 03-20-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post

1. I feel fine going to bed after dinner with Zero alcohol.
2. I feel a sense of a more satisfied day with 2 highballs.
Makes sense to me.

I think also that the body has to break down alcohol while we sleep so that may take away from other things it is ideally doing....I attribute that to why heavy drinkers always look older than they are....

I can't drink too often. It just makes me a little more tired the next day. But i was always like that. I had good friends from high school who were made of different salt. They could go out all night, come home at 5 AM, shower and have a bagel and be at their Wall Street desks by 7. If I went out until 5 I was in a coma for 2 days. I quickly learned my limits.

I also learned at a young age that the theory that you can't smell vodka on people is 100% Bull Sh--!!!!!
Old 03-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

I like a glass of Red in the evening so did my wife. Just a glass!
My wife suffers from arthritis, and she read that wine was not good for it, so she stopped the Red in the evening, and she feels better for it.
I do not suffer from arthritis, so now I drink two glasses of Red in the evening!
Closed Thread

Tags
aches, pains, alcohol, morning, craving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.