Aggravated with my Urologist

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2021, 12:02 PM
Default Aggravated with my Urologist

Had made some notes from a couple threads listed on Urology a couple days ago and for the life of me I cannot find them. One person mentioned that he was going to a Urologist that used some procedure to keep him for going to the bathroom every 2 hours and that after twice in one year telling my Urologist about this suddenly happening he told me I was drinking to much caffeinate drinks or too much water which is not the case. He told me to come back in a year

So I researched Talk Of The Villages and found someone who had same problem as I have for the last 15 years been taking Finestride for enlarged prostate and until a couple months ago never had this "frequency" and after going to my Urologist for 2nd time and telling me I'm drinking too much.... well it's time to get another opinion

I have tried in vain to find notes on person that had same problems and who they recommended as they explained procedure and I was going to make appt and lost my notes. Anyway..... I will keep going over threads pertaining to this problem but maybe someone can help me in recommending a Dr that treats you as a patient and not a number. I also had tried to "change Dr's" but they said you cannot change Dr's in the same "group" (Advanced Urology) but wanting to get someone that can cure this.

Thanks again for your help as it seems like if it's not one thing going wrong. It's three.

As my late brother who died at 71 from ALS once said.... "Getting old ain't for sissies"
Old 05-13-2021, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,713 Times in 5,243 Posts

Dr. Dersch is very good.

Finasteride can shrink the prostate, but it takes a long time. The most common procedures are Urolift, TURP, or laser.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Last week saw a urologist (same group) and he put me on something called Solifenacin 5 mg.

Not sure yet if it is actually helping me yet.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Derek Thompson Villages Health

Derek Thompson - Urology - Specialty Care - The Villages Health
Old 05-13-2021, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Dr. Dersch is very good.

Finasteride can shrink the prostate, but it takes a long time. The most common procedures are Urolift, TURP, or laser.
However, Dr. Dersch is in the same practice (Advance Urology) I think. And you can't changes docs within that practice, according to the OP.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Dr. Mark Dersch
Advanced Urology
12109 County Rd 103
Oxford Fl 34484

In the vicinity of Walmart off Wedgewood.

This is one great Doctor IMHO.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:59 PM

It wasn't me that made the earlier post of the same symptoms, but those are the exact symptoms I had. Went to Dr Thompson for the green light laser procedure over a year ago and now I sleep through the night (unless I drink beverage after 9:00). It is an outpatient procedure in which you are put under . My procedure was performed at TLC Outpatient Surgery on Guava Rd, Lady Lake. Don't know if he still practices there. I highly recommend Dr Thompson.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:17 AM

Before trying Surgery, I use an over the counter product called Prostagenics. It has a plant based substance call beta sterol which seems to relieve to need to get up 5 or 6 times a night. It takes about 30 days to see the results but they are dramatic. I went from 5 or 6 times a night to once or twice. It is available on Amazon for $99 for a 90 day supply. You need to take three pills a day but it is a lot better than surgery. I have 4 or 5 friends who have tried it with similar results. If it does not work in 30 days you can always opt for the surgery. Here is the link on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/ProstaGenix-M...b-c05699555c56
Old 05-14-2021, 05:19 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Dr. Derek Thompson gets my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
I concur. Dr. Thompson is the best.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:55 AM

I had the Urolift , which did improve flow and complete emptying of my bladder
Old 05-14-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboViper View Post
Had made some notes from a couple threads listed on Urology a couple days ago and for the life of me I cannot find them. One person mentioned that he was going to a Urologist that used some procedure to keep him for going to the bathroom every 2 hours and that after twice in one year telling my Urologist about this suddenly happening he told me I was drinking to much caffeinate drinks or too much water which is not the case. He told me to come back in a year

So I researched Talk Of The Villages and found someone who had same problem as I have for the last 15 years been taking Finestride for enlarged prostate and until a couple months ago never had this "frequency" and after going to my Urologist for 2nd time and telling me I'm drinking too much.... well it's time to get another opinion

I have tried in vain to find notes on person that had same problems and who they recommended as they explained procedure and I was going to make appt and lost my notes. Anyway..... I will keep going over threads pertaining to this problem but maybe someone can help me in recommending a Dr that treats you as a patient and not a number. I also had tried to "change Dr's" but they said you cannot change Dr's in the same "group" (Advanced Urology) but wanting to get someone that can cure this.

Thanks again for your help as it seems like if it's not one thing going wrong. It's three.

As my late brother who died at 71 from ALS once said.... "Getting old ain't for sissies"
I had the Rezum procedure done 3 years ago and have been drug and symptom free since. I used Dr James Young of Prostate Evaluation center in Lady Lake 352.751.0040. Good Luck
Old 05-14-2021, 06:18 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikenbats66

Had lazer also
Worked for awhile about a year
Then no more , same issues plus they domt tell you that you will never ejaculate sperm again
Bad bad choice
Old 05-14-2021, 06:37 AM

I worked for a very large Urology practice in Virginia. This may be the procedure you were remembering, very easy with fast results. You can go to their website and search for physicians in the area who perform this procedure. Prostate size will determine if it can be done.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:57 AM

I to had tbe rezum procedure. Within the alotted time everything started working as told by dr.y. But he Never said anything about not ejaculating again. Bad Bad call.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSKI View Post
I worked for a very large Urology practice in Virginia. This may be the procedure you were remembering, very easy with fast results. You can go to their website and search for physicians in the area who perform this procedure. Prostate size will determine if it can be done.
You didn't mention procedure name or web site?
Closed Thread

Tags
urologist, notes, couple, drinking, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.