Am I being unreasonable?

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2019, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Don't you know that any health care, especially those up north, are far superior to TVHS....just read the past posts. Even those that failed to change their health insurance (some for valid reasons) have always found better health care. It's the rule that when you make a change that whoever you change to is far superior to anything inside the VHS, except for maybe those up north. We like Aw Man have been in the system for the last 5 years, have gone through several medical issues including emergency services and surgeries> Both of us had stays in the The Villages Hospital and never, repeat never had any experiences close to what have been described here. I'm not saying that some haven't had issues, just that they are in the minority.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-02-2019, 12:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
Thank you all for your replies. It's been an eye opener. My original question was, am I being unreasonable. Had they said "we can see you Thursday" or "we can see you Friday", that would have been entirely acceptable to me. A few days would have been inconvenient, but not unreasonable (to me). But for ortho to state that it was okay for a period of a couple months before even looking at it, I found unreasonable. Perhaps I am wrong. Judging by the comments here, I guess we need to adjust our expectations for emergency health care. BTW, I have had absolutely no issues with routine care, in fact, I find they are exceptional is this regard. Again, I sincerely thank everyone for your input. This site is a great resource for learning about TV.
Maybe the doctor was being passive aggressive. You didn't want to see the PA so the doctor would give you an appointment
but it wasn't going to be convenient.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Makes some of us glad we got kicked out VHS.
Amen!
Old 10-02-2019, 04:45 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Don’t blindly believe statements like: “The Villages Hospital is NOT part of The Village Health System”.
https://thevillageshealth.com/all-se...hospital-care/
This site Shows the connection of the two and how they coordinate services and treatments.

I truly like and use this site for information, but always double check.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Don’t blindly believe statements like: “The Villages Hospital is NOT part of The Village Health System”.
An Innovative Approach to Hospital Care - The Villages Health
This site Shows the connection of the two and how they coordinate services and treatments.

I truly like and use this site for information, but always double check.
TVRH (The Villages Regional Hospital) is run by a hospital company that leases the buildings from the developer who built them and owns them. That company changed hands about eight years ago. The folks who run the hospital are renters.

The Villages Health system, the series of facilties like Creekside is run and owned by the developers. And The Villages Health specialty center is run by the developer.

The ability to access information of a patient hospitalized is a very good thing but it doesn't mean they are both run by the same company.

The Villages Regional Hospital is NOT part of the Villages Health System.

My husband who is a patient at The Villages Health System recently had surgery in a Ocala hospital at the direction of his Villages Health surgeon.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

So easy to toss around innacurate information on the internet. Remember, this is a place for discussion, not a place to find information. Always check for yourself.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Jim Johnson Gracie is correct - The Villages Hospital is NOT part of The Villages Health. As that web page states, The Villages Health puts their own Hospitalists in TVRH so that they can attend to VHS patients. TVH has nurse navigators (employed by TVH) that coordinate care throughout your stay. Gracie is right.... TVRH is owned by Central Florida Health.
Perhaps the Villages Health System listened to their patients who had issues with TVRH and have put their own Hospitalists in TVRH (so you don't get a random Hospitalist who works for TVRH, you get a Hospitalist who is employed by TVH). Just because The Villages Health is putting their own Hospitalists in TVRH and give you a nurse coordinator to help you throughout your stay, doesn't mean TVRH "is part of" TVH.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
TVRH (The Villages Regional Hospital) is run by a hospital company that leases the buildings from the developer who built them and owns them. That company changed hands about eight years ago. The folks who run the hospital are renters.

The Villages Health system, the series of facilties like Creekside is run and owned by the developers. And The Villages Health specialty center is run by the developer.

The ability to access information of a patient hospitalized is a very good thing but it doesn't mean they are both run by the same company.

The Villages Regional Hospital is NOT part of the Villages Health System.
My husband who is a patient at The Villages Health System recently had surgery in a Ocala hospital at the direction of his Villages Health surgeon.
You are missing the point.. Since they share information and support each other in coordination of patient care, THEY ARE PART OF THE SAME SYSTEM. You seem to be focused on the Money aspect. I am focused on the care and needs of the patient.

“The Villages® Regional Hospital shares the same Electronic Medical Record (EMR) with TVH so our team can access your medical history, test results, and treatments at any time. In addition to the TVH team members we have overseeing your care at the hospital, this shared medical record helps with care coordination to ensure the best health outcomes for you”

System - Wikipedia
“A system is a group of interacting or interrelated entities that form a unified whole. A system is delineated by its spatial and temporal boundaries, surrounded and influenced by its environment, described by its structure and purpose and expressed in its functioning.” NOTE: no mention of financial connection!

For me the bottom line is to help the patient first.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
You are missing the point.. Since they share information and support each other in coordination of patient care, THEY ARE PART OF THE SAME SYSTEM. You seem to be focused on the Money aspect. I am focused on the care and needs of the patient.

“The Villages® Regional Hospital shares the same Electronic Medical Record (EMR) with TVH so our team can access your medical history, test results, and treatments at any time. In addition to the TVH team members we have overseeing your care at the hospital, this shared medical record helps with care coordination to ensure the best health outcomes for you”

System - Wikipedia
“A system is a group of interacting or interrelated entities that form a unified whole. A system is delineated by its spatial and temporal boundaries, surrounded and influenced by its environment, described by its structure and purpose and expressed in its functioning.” NOTE: no mention of financial connection!

Using that logic, if the medical group I worked for in CA happened to use the same EMR software, would that make them the same entity as TVRH? When I was part of the team in CA evaluating various EMR programs, one of the features we sought was the ability for the information to be available wherever one of our patients happened to need care. Using the same program as TVRH doesn’t make Villages Health the same entity, rather it enhances patient care by making information readily available to the people providing the care.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Using that logic, if the medical group I worked for in CA happened to use the same EMR software, would that make them the same entity as TVRH? When I was part of the team in CA evaluating various EMR programs, one of the features we sought was the ability for the information to be available wherever one of our patients happened to need care. Using the same program as TVRH doesn’t make Villages Health the same entity, rather it enhances patient care by making information readily available to the people providing the care.
We were discussing being in the same system, not entity!
Old 10-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:

System - Wikipedia

It appears that TVRH and TVH both use the same EMR. SO they are able to better communicate and understand what is happening with the patient.
If that is your point... I agree. That EMR system is one any provider can purchase (anywhere in the country). I have no idea, but maybe the TVH purchased the same EMR that TVRH has to better communicate so they can support their patients. I think that's a good thing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.