Americans Vaccinated Against Coronavirus Have Lower Mortality Rates — Even From Non-C

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2021, 06:16 AM

And just last week, our CDC reported thousands of deaths within 48 hrs. of any COVID vax. Reporting to VAERS is voluntary, and tedious, and it's clear that most injuries and deaths do not get reported. Russian Roulette?? Personally, I believe that 23% is an incorrect and low number. Why would medical personnel risk being fired over their vax refusal?
Old 10-27-2021, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Not pro or con on any of the vaccination "stuff", it was right for me, but definitely not a "one size fits all" thing ! The one thing everyone's antenna should go up on, ANY TIME, from a car ad to a medication ad, is the words...." according to a study........." Might be true, complications are "rare", what IS "rare" actually. I had to calculate my own risk tolerance. Some of our children made a different decision based on their circumstances. NONE of us are "protected" and none of us are now unable to spread it, so to pound on my family and friends to do what I did, not worth it. What if one day the ones who chose to not get the vaccination prove to have made the wisest decision ? Maybe I will regret I did do it, maybe I will regret the one I chose, only time will tell.... Keep in mind the drip, drip, drip... Face's adamant denial the USA had anything to do with this horrific development, then drip, drip, drip for months, the the bomb shell yesterday. Same with the Laundrie "incident" down in North Point, Fl, same now with he tragic death on the set of the movie.... each day since, drip, drip, drip, new details. I made a choice to "do it", will never try to bully others to because there is always the chance I was wrong ! ! Humility is a lost "art", as is "respect" for the decisions of others. I do not view my unvaxed family members as "threats", any more than I view "suspicious" looking individuals in a store, as a personal threat to me. Life IS A RISK it's a risk to walk across a 4 lane road, it's a risk to be in public, you CAN get killed slipping and falling on a wet parking lot, you CAN get hepatitis by eating out, you can get flu even with "flu" shots, we all should, but won't, stop, THINK, and allow people to make choices best for them. We each can not parents every living adult. My personal choice, I would LOVE to stop every person in the world around me from smoking, but I would rather life in a democratic republic and "adjust" to the fact that others think and chose differently. I KNOW my government can't cover every possible risk for me by making more and more, and MORE laws !
Old 10-27-2021, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,776 Times in 1,242 Posts

Things have changed, due to both vaccination and natural immunity

Infection/hospitalization rates are way down.

Death rates have returned to normal.

Maybe time to respect individual choices, as with the flu.

Last edited by Altavia; 10-27-2021 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:39 AM

Like on Fakebook and Nextdoor Is there a way to mute /hide topics on the Forum?
Old 10-27-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taruffi57 View Post
And just last week, our CDC reported thousands of deaths within 48 hrs. of any COVID vax.
Would you be so kind as to provide a link for that statement? My google seems to not be able to find any such report just last week, or at any time. Thousands of deaths within 48 hours???? You've got evidence for that statement, surely you wouldn't post an untruth here.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post

Red Cross is reporting 90%+ of doaners have antibodies.

Maybe time to respect individual choices, as with the flu.
The Red Cross stopped routine testing for Covid in its donor samples in June. Do you have a link for your statement that they are reporting 90% now? If it were true it would be meaningless unless you also tell me what percent of donors report they have received at least one vaccination. I suspect, but do not know, that the kind of person who donates blood to a stranger, concerned with the health of others, might also be the kind of person who would get a shot to protect the community.

EDIT
Oh look, Robbie has removed that claim from his posting. Well, that's at least something. It would be better, IMO, to have come back and said he hasn't got a link, or he heard it from a guy at a bar or whatever.

Last edited by blueash; 10-27-2021 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The Red Cross stopped routine testing for Covid in its donor samples in June. Do you have a link for your statement that they are reporting 90% now? If it were true it would be meaningless unless you also tell me what percent of donors report they have received at least one vaccination. I suspect, but do not know, that the kind of person who donates blood to a stranger, concerned with the health of others, might also be the kind of person who would get a shot to protect the community.

I donate blood but I did not get the vaccination to "protect the community." The community is not my responsibility, regardless of what some folks believe.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:

Estimated US Infection- and Vaccine-Induced SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence Based on Blood Donations, July 2020-May 2021 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network

"Findings In this repeated cross-sectional study that included 1 443 519 blood donation specimens from a catchment area representing 74% of the US population, estimated SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence weighted for differences between the study sample and general population increased from 3.5% in July 2020 to 20.2% for infection-induced antibodies and 83.3% for combined infection- and vaccine-induced antibodies in May 2021. Seroprevalence differed by age, race and ethnicity, and geographic region of residence, but these differences changed over the course of the study."

Certainly higher now...
Old 10-27-2021, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Would you be so kind as to provide a link for that statement? My google seems to not be able to find any such report just last week, or at any time. Thousands of deaths within 48 hours???? You've got evidence for that statement, surely you wouldn't post an untruth here.
Of course he can't, unless it is some bogus anti-vax site. But of course there are thousands of deaths within 48 hours of vaccination, or any other event for that matter---there are thousands of death within 48 hours of a Tampa Bay football game. They're from heart disease, cancer, auto accidents, renal failure, suicide etc, but have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VACCINES
Old 10-27-2021, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Of course he can't, unless it is some bogus anti-vax site. But of course there are thousands of deaths within 48 hours of vaccination, or any other event for that matter---there are thousands of death within 48 hours of a Tampa Bay football game. They're from heart disease, cancer, auto accidents, renal failure, suicide etc, but have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VACCINES
But he said the report was from the CDC, so that's the source I expect he will provide. I'm still waiting
Old 10-27-2021, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
But he said the report was from the CDC, so that's the source I expect he will provide. I'm still waiting
Please don't hold your breath. Highly unlikely it is directly from the CDC. Probably a second hand report from either:
1) an anti-vaxxer with an agenda
2) some imbecile who had no idea what they were reading and repeated it, or
3) the imbecile is.......oops, can't finish that without breaking a rule
Old 10-27-2021, 01:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Estimated US Infection- and Vaccine-Induced SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence Based on Blood Donations, July 2020-May 2021 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network

"Findings In this repeated cross-sectional study that included 1 443 519 blood donation specimens from a catchment area representing 74% of the US population, estimated SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence weighted for differences between the study sample and general population increased from 3.5% in July 2020 to 20.2% for infection-induced antibodies and 83.3% for combined infection- and vaccine-induced antibodies in May 2021. Seroprevalence differed by age, race and ethnicity, and geographic region of residence, but these differences changed over the course of the study."

Certainly higher now...
Thank you for that link which has data up to May. As I wrote above the Red Cross stopped routine testing in June [although they are continuing some testing for future publication]. Regarding my supposition that donors may not represent the general population, this study in its limitations says:

Quote:
vaccine-induced seroprevalence might be higher in blood donors than in the general population. For May 2021, among donations from donors with a known vaccine history, 73.3% were from donors who self-reported receiving a previous COVID-19 vaccine, compared with CDC estimates that 57.0% of US adults aged 18 years and older had received 1 dose or more of vaccine by May 2021
Old 10-27-2021, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,057 Times in 2,742 Posts

Hmmmm, higher mortality for unvaccinated. Darwin’s law at work!
Old 10-27-2021, 02:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you for that link which has data up to May. As I wrote above the Red Cross stopped routine testing in June [although they are continuing some testing for future publication]. Regarding my supposition that donors may not represent the general population, this study in its limitations says:
Understood.

Seroprevalence likely increased further since that study due to Delta + vaccinations

Risk for now seems no worse than from the flu.

We may be doing more harm than good forcing vaccinations at this point.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage

For those who think COVID is political, Russia has surging case counts and is now going into lockdown.

Moscow announces one-week lockdown as Russia Covid deaths rise | Coronavirus | The Guardian
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	F01593BF-3EC9-45F7-8E02-587F6AFF8309.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	91330  
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccines, vaccinated, covid-19, study, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.