Any recommendations for medial collateral ligament injury?

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2020, 06:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Any recommendations for medial collateral ligament injury?

Are there any home/OTC remedies you've used that actually helped reduce the pain and tenderness of a mild MCL injury? Ice, heat, exercises, massage, CDB oil, knee braces, balms, NSAIDs, etc. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I've used heat, I've used ice....but seriously go see your primary care MD

this isn't something that you really want to run by a bunch of guys in the locker room
Old 05-17-2020, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Are there any home/OTC remedies you've used that actually helped reduce the pain and tenderness of a mild MCL injury? Ice, heat, exercises, massage, CDB oil, knee braces, balms, NSAIDs, etc. Thanks.
You seemed to hit on all the things I would recommend, and believe me, I have had more than my fair share of knee issues. My recommendation would be to rest the knee and elevate it and ice it. After the trauma has gone done, exercise, CBD, and NSAID's. Be careful not to make NASID's a long term solution, those things mess with your liver and kidneys. CBD is a better long term solution, but not for an MCL (soft tissue damage). CBD is better for long term joint pain and arthritis. Heat and massage works better for muscle pain, but I would not recommend either for an MCL injury. Just my two cents for whatever that's worth. Good luck with the MCL, at least MCL injuries are the least bad kind of knee issues. ACL, PCL, and meniscus damage are much worse.
Closed Thread

Tags
injury, massage, mild, mcl, ice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.