Anyone Have Dry Eye After Cataract Surgery?

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Gold member
Default Anyone Have Dry Eye After Cataract Surgery?

Husband would like to know if anyone else had dry eye after cataract surgery. If so, did it go away eventually? And did you have the laser surgery or knife?
Old 05-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Gold member

If you haven't asked the doc who performed the surgery this question then why not?
Old 05-31-2017, 12:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
If you haven't asked the doc who performed the surgery this question then why not?
fred53, Yes, he talked to the dr about it, but he was curious as to what others went through. The doctors don't always tell you everything. They sure didn't say it was a possibility beforehand. So he is just wondering what other people's experience is with it.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:48 PM
Default Cataract surgery in march2017

AFTER OPERATION DR. TOLD ME AND MY WIFE TO BUY PRESERVATIVE FREE, MOISTURE DROPS FOR LASIK DRYNESS AND TO USE IT (3) OR MORE TIMES A DAY TO KEEP EYES MOIST AND IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS NOW AND BY DRY EYES FEEL SO GOOD NOW, BUT I STILL PUT DROPS IN MY EYES (3)TIMES A DAY. WE GET THE EYE DROPS AT CVS, THERE BRAND IS A BOX OF (70) IN THE BACK AND LOOK FOR BUY (1) SECOND 50% OFF, AFTER YOU TRY IT. GOOD LUCK
Old 05-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Gold member

Thanks, Normandy. Husband has all kinds of things: wipes, drops, and gel for his dry eyes.

He was just wondering if anyone else experience it and if it eventually went away after a period of treatment....and if it seems more likely to happen to people who have had laser surgery or knife surgery or no difference.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:19 PM
Gold member

I have had cataract surgery in the past 3 months and I don't notice any dry eyes as of yet. My wife also had cataract surgery and puts drops in her eyes when she wakes up.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-31-2017, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I had one eye done last week and on the follow up the doctor added another eyedrop and all is well. It is actually a mix of 3 or 4 different kind of medicines in one bottle. All is well now. He did say everything looked good and that dry eye was very common after surgery and will pass quickly. Good luck with your situation. It is fantastic to have my vision back, I am more than grateful.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I had one eye done last week and on the follow up the doctor added another eyedrop and all is well. It is actually a mix of 3 or 4 different kind of medicines in one bottle. All is well now. He did say everything looked good and that dry eye was very common after surgery and will pass quickly. Good luck with your situation. It is fantastic to have my vision back, I am more than grateful.
Husband is beginning to think he is stuck with the dry eye. Glad to hear your doctor said it will pass quickly. Two months of eye drops and gel and he is ready to be done with it.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Husband would like to know if anyone else had dry eye after cataract surgery. If so, did it go away eventually? And did you have the laser surgery or knife?
I had both lens replaced in July 2015. I had issues with dry eyes for almost 10 -12 months after surgery. My doc mentioned it prior to surgery but I did not anticipate the degree. It bothered me a lot first 2-3 months, especially when playing golf on a windy day and when sitting under/near a ceiling fan.

I used (over the counter) drops 2-3 times a day and used heat packs for a couple of weeks. My doc said it was not unusual for tear drops to stop working after lens replacement.

Sometime during the past few months it has “gone away” and I have forgotten about it. So for me it did clear up.

Hope your husband eyes do the same.

My surgery was knife.

I am 95% happy with my results.

Don

PS: fred53 have you had cataract surgery?

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 06-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Gold member

SouthOfTheBorder,

Glad to hear yours cleared up eventually. My husband will be glad to hear that.
Closed Thread

Tags
surgery, cataract, dry, eye, eventually

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.