Anyone know what about Dr. Williams sudden death ?

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2021, 12:06 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts
Default Anyone know what about Dr. Williams sudden death ?

Friend's husband just found out that his cardiologist passed recently ! Called to make his annual appointment and was told Dr. Williams passed and were very sorry if he did not receive a letter letting him know. My friend 's husband never saw anything in the Daily Sun, but may have just missed it. Thinks his Dr. was only in his 50's.... perhaps Covid ? Seems to be hitting the medical community very hard right now.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Friend's husband just found out that his cardiologist passed recently ! Called to make his annual appointment and was told Dr. Williams passed and were very sorry if he did not receive a letter letting him know. My friend 's husband never saw anything in the Daily Sun, but may have just missed it. Thinks his Dr. was only in his 50's.... perhaps Covid ? Seems to be hitting the medical community very hard right now.
Here is an online obituary, but it doesn't say how he died.

Dr. Patrick Kevin Williams, 49, of Oxford, Florida went to be with the Lord on Thursday, July 8th, 2021. Kevin was born on August 16, 1971, in Dothan, Alabama to Lee Patrick and Martha Pennington Williams. Kevin could accomplish anything that he set his mind to. He graduated from Chipley High School in 1989, he went to Chipola College and graduated in 1991. He continued his education at Florida State University in 1993. Kevin was accepted into medical school at the University of Florida, where he graduated in 1997. After graduating from medical school, he did a three-year fellowship in internal medicine. When he completed his fellowship, he was appointed Chief Medical Resident for a year. Kevin then completed a three-year cardiology fellowship, followed by a one-year fellowship in interventional cardiology. After school, he went into the Georgia Air National Guard for five years. During that time, he volunteered for two deployments in Iraq as a flight surgeon. He absolutely loved to fly.

He was a kind and loving husband to his wife, Taylor, as well as an amazing father to his children, Olivia and Emmett
Old 08-27-2021, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I read he had completed two tours in the war zone. May he rest in peace. He sounds like such a good person.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-31-2021 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Can't confirm but I heard it was a AAA.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-27-2021, 12:56 PM

His wife said it was a heart attack, so sad because he was a good man. He loved his multi-colored tennis shoes to make his patients get a good laugh too. He will be missed dearly.
Old 08-27-2021, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default Excuse me WHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wonder if it was suicide. I read he had completed two tours in the war zone. May he rest in peace. He sounds like such a good person.
Talking about jeez
Old 08-27-2021, 03:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Talking about jeez
You have to consider where that post came from. What a crummy thing to post.
Old 08-27-2021, 04:23 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
I wonder if it was suicide. I read he had completed two tours in the war zone. May he rest in peace. He sounds like such a good person.
Gracie! I am rarely at a loss for words but this post of yours has left me reaching for what to say — yet — I feel I have to say something.

What an awful thing to say. You could be visiting more sadness upon his family. It does not take much to start a rumor. His loved ones are devastated enough without having to hear that such a rumor-starter has been posted on TOTV.

I truly am somewhat shocked at your thoughtlessness.

In case you are thinking of digging in and giving me s#%t, please don’t. The best thing you could do would be to ask the moderator to remove your post — along with all those, like mine, that have quoted it.

Boomer
Old 08-27-2021, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Gracie! I am rarely at a loss for words but this post of yours has left me reaching for what to say — yet — I feel I have to say something.

What an awful thing to say. You could be visiting more sadness upon his family. It does not take much to start a rumor. His loved ones are devastated enough without having to hear that such a rumor-starter has been posted on TOTV.

In case you are thinking of digging in and giving me s#%t, please don’t. The best thing you could do would be to ask the moderator to remove your post — along with all those, like mine, that have quoted it.

Boomer
I certainly didn't mean to be unkind. I think we all know of someone in our lives who has done this. People in today's world are under extreme pressure and there is a lot of depression. I didn't mean to be flip at all. We are taught to look for signs of depression because people do commit suicide because they have lost hope or are having mental health issues. We must learn to try to make these issues more talkable. I most certainly did not mean to cause more sadness.

Doctors' Suicide Rate Highest of Any Profession
Old 08-27-2021, 10:10 PM
Sage
Default We shouldn’t be surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Boomer
remember the quote we are decent people , we didn’t retire early we worked hard the other paper Orlando sentinel instead of the villages sun is for the other people or something like that you know the ones that retired early didn’t work as hard and your right it was disgusting
Old 08-27-2021, 10:14 PM
Sage
Default I say again

Quote:
I certainly didn't mean to be unkind. I think we all know of someone in our lives who has done this. People in today's world are under extreme pressure and there is a lot of depression. I didn't mean to be flip at all. We are taught to look for signs of depression because people do commit suicide because they have lost hope or are having mental health issues. We must learn to try to make these issues more talkable. I most certainly did not mean to cause more sadness.

Doctors' Suicide Rate Highest of Any Profession
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT jeez
Old 08-28-2021, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Disgraceful to even put that thought out there!! Without knowing any facts, you shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Old 08-28-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich42 View Post
As usual, Gracie has absolutely nothing of substance or value to add to the conversation, just thoughtless babble to keep increasing her number of posts.
I don't think Gracie meant any harm. Get over it....she was responding with her heart and facts with the article hat she attached is truthful and is about doctors and suicide statistics. I know many depressed doctors.
Old 08-28-2021, 06:29 AM
Veteran member
Default ATTENTION MODERATOR; Please remove this string of posts!!

This is entirely over the top.
Old 08-28-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
i wonder if it was suicide. I read he had completed two tours in the war zone. May he rest in peace. He sounds like such a good person.
this is not the place for such an insensitive comment like that. Why would you post something so ugly
Closed Thread

Tags
husband, passed, williams, daily, sun

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.