Live chat was very helpful.
Apixaban 5 mg
Shipped from Mauritius
Apixaban is the generic equivalent for Eliquis 180 tablets $147.99
COVID-19 Shipping Surcharge: $5.00
Subtotal: $152.99
Shipping: $0.00
USD Total: $152.99
Been dealing with Pharmstore in Winnipeg, Canada for the last three years. Great company and super nice people. My cardiologist set all his patients up with them when everyone started having donut hole problems. Excellent company. By the way, Publix wants over $400 for the same amount.

There is a real problem here, we should not have to buy out of the country for the drugs we need to keep us alive!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Been dealing with Pharmstore in Winnipeg, Canada for the last three years. Great company and super nice people. My cardiologist set all his patients up with them when everyone started having donut hole problems. Excellent company. By the way, Publix wants over $400 for the same amount.

There is a real problem here, we should not have to buy out of the country for the drugs we need to keep us alive!
Pharmstore.com does not appear to be a licensed pharmacy. Generic apixaban has been licensed to 2 companies which are not allowed to sell this generic in USA until 2026.

How do you verify that you are getting real drugs?
Old 08-01-2020, 10:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Pharmstore.com does not appear to be a licensed pharmacy. Generic apixaban has been licensed to 2 companies which are not allowed to sell this generic in USA until 2026.

In my humble opinion....
The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement ( USMCA )
has allowed for the sale.

The portion covering this ( and lots of other things ) took
effect on 01-July-2020.

I may be wrong....
I may have mis-understood....but I got this direct from a
"swamper" from Washington, D.C.

However, I did not clear it with the cousin of the guy who
mows the lawn for my barber....LOL.

Last edited by mrfixit; 08-01-2020 at 11:13 PM. Reason: tmi
Old 08-02-2020, 06:14 AM

I have been purchasing high priced brand name drugs from Canada for a very long time.

Some years back, I took a drug that that was $1600 for a 90 day supply. In the U.S., my co-pay would have been $400 for the first order and then immediately into the donut hole for full price. Buying from a Canadian pharmacy, my cost was $400 per 90 day supply without affecting Medicare.

Myrbetriq sells in the U.S. for around $300 for a 30-day supply. I got it from Canada for $85. It came via mail directly from the manufacturer in England.

The high cost of drugs in the U.S. is due to a clause that was written into the Medicare Act prohibiting Medicare from negotiating drug costs. You will not be surprised to learn that this clause was written by a Congressman who later retired and went to work as a $2 million per year lobbyist for the pharmaceutical industry. TOTV policy prohibits me from naming the person or party.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

&147.99 for 180 Eliquis tablets (not generic) is about what you pay under Medicare part D with Silverscripts. No wait, pick it up at your pharmacy.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
&147.99 for 180 Eliquis tablets (not generic) is about what you pay under Medicare part D with Silverscripts. No wait, pick it up at your pharmacy.
You may be fortunate enough to get your drugs for that price and I wish it was that easy for me, but when I reach my donut hole the price goes sky high. Unfortunately, I have two heart drugs that push me over the limit very early, so I am grateful for the Canadian companies that buy from reputable manufacturers and sell at an affordable price.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-02-2020, 07:53 AM

I have silverscript and the price CVS quoted me was $346 .21
The other advantage is that I won't reach the dreaded donut hole
Old 08-02-2020, 08:00 AM

Well I bruise the same as when I use the high price spread, and I bleed just as much from a cut as I did using the high priced spread so it seems to do the same thing, all my blood tests are within range
Old 08-02-2020, 09:37 AM
Veteran member
Default Eliquis alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

This tracks. I asked my Rx provider (United Healthcare) why they weren't requiring this generic. It's not in their formulary. Perhaps it will be later. At current prices, I'm usually in the donut hole by May. I wish free donuts came with that distinction.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:43 AM
Gold member

I get 180 Eliquis pills ( 5 mg)for $135.00 at Walgreen. Also can qualify for about 60 pills free if I fill out lots of paperwork.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

I still have a few years before I'm eligible for Medicare. Can someone explain what the "Donut Hole" is?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-02-2020, 10:26 AM

My 2019 charges for 180 using TV UHC medicare mail order were 125, 125, 220, 328. Of course because I went into the donut hole mid-year my other prescriptions had increased cost.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Veteran member
Default Donut hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I still have a few years before I'm eligible for Medicare. Can someone explain what the "Donut Hole" is?
It's something Congress wrote into the Medicare law to confuse the hell out of us. Here's one explanation.

The donut hole is a gap in prescription drug coverage during which you may pay more for prescription drugs. You enter the donut hole once Medicare has paid a certain amount toward your prescription drugs in one coverage year.

Once you fall into the donut hole, you’ll pay more out of pocket (OOP) for the cost of your prescriptions until you reach the yearly limit. Depending on the type of coverage you choose, when you hit this limit, your plan may help pay for your prescriptions again.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I'll give you my numbers which came in this July - 6 months costs:

My insurance is AARP Medicare RX United Healthcare. Part D Prescription Drug Coverage. I get paperwork from them every month showing what my drugs have cost, what they have paid and what I have paid. There are four headings on one page, Stage 1 Yearly deductible. Stage 2 Initial Coverage You begin this payment stage when you fill your first prerscription at the beginning of the year. You stay in this Stage 2 until the year to date drug costs reach $4,020.. As of 6/31/20 my year to date for 6 months is $3,424. Leaving me with just #546 in my "kitty" to pay for another six months of drugs. Hence Canadian Pharmacy comes into play.

If I had to pay for just Eliquis out of pocket it would cost me over $400 for three months, whereas Pharmstore charges me about $153 for three months. Huge savings over six months. I also have a very expensive BP med which I also buy through Canada.

I apologize if I have made this complicated, but if you have a friend who is over 65 on medicare he could show you his paperwork, everyone gets it whether you are in or out of the donut hole.

Closed Thread

Tags
$152.99, apixaban, generic, tablets, eliquis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.