chronically itchy arms ( brachioradial pruritus) support group

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Default chronically itchy arms ( brachioradial pruritus) support group

Is there any support group in the Villages for brachioradial pruritus, chronically itchy arms ? My wife is having a terrible time with this condition. The doctors say there is no cure for this condition and so far no good treatment of the symptoms.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestFloridian View Post
Is there any support group in the Villages for brachioradial pruritus, chronically itchy arms ? My wife is having a terrible time with this condition. The doctors say there is no cure for this condition and so far no good treatment of the symptoms.
I have had this problem off and on for fifteen years. Went to Johns Hopkins to no avail. Finally asked a new physician and was told that it was an environmental allergy. Prior to that, when it got extremely intense, I would carry a plastic bag and if the itch started, would stop to get ice and freeze the area. My physician recommended Hydroxyzine HCI 25mg and to my amazement the itch stopped. It will return every once in awhile and if I take the medication, it will disappear. You might ask your physician about this.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:44 PM

have to find the cause of it. enviornmental allergies wont just cause your arm to itch. you would have itching all over.
Closed Thread

Tags
arms, chronically, condition, brachioradial, pruritus

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.