Arthritis support group

Arthritis support group

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Arthritis support group
Old 05-09-2019, 12:22 PM

Question Arthritis support group

Is there an arthritis support group in TV?

Old 05-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Sage

What type of "arthritis"?? If it's osteo-arthritis...not sure there's a support group. BUT if it's rheumatoid Disease (often called Arthritis)...there is a group but they meet during the "high season". Check the clubs section (Thursdays) of The Daily Sun. I think they meet on Thursdays too. I did go once but it's like the 3rd week of the month or some such thing. Have you been diagnosed by a dr.?? For RD...they do a blood test but I'm not sure about OA. The latter one---most everyone gets as they age and it's due to usage of those body parts. RD or RA is systemic and not the same as OA but you can have both. RD needs to be followed by a rheumatologist and you'll need the appropriate medication for it. It affects ALL parts of the body---joints, muscles/ligaments, organs, eyes and more. There are support groups on Facebook that are helpful and informative.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2019, 07:49 AM
Gold member

I don't know about support groups but there are several classes of Tai Chi designed specially for those with arthritis and also balance issues. Monday at La Hacienda , Tuesday at Canal St and Thursdays at Manatee. Check them out in Rec Guide! All the teachers are excellent. Newcomers are always welcome, easy exercises to pick up. Try it, you just might get to love it!
Old 05-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Thank you for the suggestions.

Tags
arthritis, group, support