Aspen Dental

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2020, 08:57 PM

Run!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Understand Concerns

I had a tooth break and went to a Dentist in the Villages and was told the only solution was a $10,000-20,000 procedure to pull root and install 2 Implants. I said I did not want inplants and they refused to consider any other solution. This dentist also ignored some pain I had from a "temp solution" and said it could not be fixed without their declaration that I must have implant's. Said the heck with them and went to "Palm Ridge Dental" in the small plaza near Wedgwood and saw Dr Shorr. He is retired and works only Monday and Friday. He said he did not feel like implants were necessary and actually followed a procedure that was fantastic and did exactly what I hoped for. I will not go through the procedure but am about 6 months from the work and it is terrific and no implants but uses the tooth original root. He is terrific and my concern is to hope he doesn't get so many patients that I will have a difficult time making an appointment.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:06 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Up Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I swear that Aspen Dental and Tire Choice at Colony...must be owned by the same person.

Which IMHO...says it all.
I was going to say the same thing. I don’t care for “up charging” pitches. A good dentist in a local practice is harder and harder to find and I’m still looking. Went to the same dentist for 30 years. Not cheap but good but like most of us he retired to the “good life”. At our age, most want to just “maintain”. As a friend said, “no need to put thousands on a soon to be dead body”. He has a weird sense of humor!

Tags
aspen, dental, fool, problem, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.