Atrial Fibrillation

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2021, 09:42 AM
Default Atrial Fibrillation

I’m curious if anyone had a epicardial ablation done at any of the hospitals located in or near The Villages.
I’m looking for a recommendation of a good surgeon. I have atrial fibrillation, and already had two ablations performed in 2012 and 2014. I’m being told that I should have this epicardial ablation done, since my atrial fibrillation came back.
I’m currently living in Pennsylvania, and will be full time in TV in June. I have a good surgeon lined up here in PA, but I don’t want to rush into it, and would consider getting it done in Florida, if I have to.
Any suggestions of a good surgeon and hospital would be appreciated.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Just an Idea

When you live in The Villages you will be 2 hours and fifteen minutes from Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl. They are known around the world and when you drive in their parking lots you see cars from all over the US. If you have heart surgery and need a week or so of recovery, they have a house on the property called the "Gilbert House". You can apply for a reservation there. The one basic requirement is you must have a 24/7 care taker with you such as your wife, friend etc, It has beautiful rooms overlooking a lake, a shuttle every half hour to and from the Mayo Buildings, there are twins queen beds in each room, one for your care taker/companion. About 4 nights a week an organization prepares your dinner and serves it. You have your own refrig and cabinet for dry foods. The price is $50 for the first night and $45 for all other nights. It is beautiful. It was built by the founder and owner of a popular rum business who had a lung transfer and was so happy with the care and treatment at Mayo he had this house built and dedicated it to Mayo. We spent 6 weeks at the Gilbert House when my wife was having radiation at the Clinic and it was a God send. When we were there, there were 2 or 3 waiting for a heart transplant, a couple recovering from heart surgery, also a liver transplant, plus others. It can hold 28 patients at a time and apply at Mayo for a reservation. Anyone who is going to have major surgery might want to see if this is available. We applied at the time and waited 2 days before we were accepted. Good luck to you and welcome to The Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
i’m, good, surgeon, atrial, fibrillation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.