AVIV at Brownwood Specialty Clinic

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2023, 06:40 PM
Sage
Default AVIV at Brownwood Specialty Clinic

I keep seeing ads for this and wonder if anyone has had treatments at AVIV at Brownwood Specialty Clinic and if they work. The other thing I've wondered about is the cost. I have mobility issues so can't just take up and stop in anytime but would love to hear from patients who've done it. I messaged them but they wanted me to stop in (I think)---or maybe call.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,241 Posts

Very expensive but call to find out.

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Florida
Old 01-31-2023, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Very expensive but call to find out.

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Florida
I know it's hyperbaric BUT wanted to know if anyone has done this, did it work AND does one have to pay up front or do they have a payment plan?? I sense that insurance doesn't enter into it at all. I don't want to call as sometimes that's just a hook to grab the patient.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I know it's hyperbaric BUT wanted to know if anyone has done this, did it work AND does one have to pay up front or do they have a payment plan?? I sense that insurance doesn't enter into it at all. I don't want to call as sometimes that's just a hook to grab the patient.
we did hypobaric, but not @ aviv. we went to another facility that had a more medical emphasis on treatment, & was waaay cheaper. AVIV. is selling a lifestyle package, imo, but in response to your question about it working, YES. hypobaric works wonders, i've seen it. the place we went to offers a pay as you go treatment, with no downpayments.

Last edited by PugMom; 01-31-2023 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-31-2023, 04:10 PM
Sage

& it's out of pocket, unless you can PROVE it's a medical treatment. we paid out of pocket
Old 02-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Veteran member

I'm sure there are limited situations where this therapy may help but in general I feel it is the latest version of snake oil.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:27 PM
Sage

i'd take my husband there for his dementia after researching other countries that regularly use this as treatment for many diseases. what happens is the body is 'decompressed,' and breathing high levels of oxygen pumped into the tank, which in turn heal tissue, bone, among other things. we saw other patients there to help heal cancerous lesions, patients post-surgery to help in healing, & even kids with autism. i had to go 'in the tank' with hubby to operate the controls & follow direction, and as sure as i stand here now, i'm telling you i felt purged when i came out after the 1st treatment.. lungs clean & clear, my hip hurt less and i just felt like i had more energy. suddenly i became a morning person, which to this day is odd to me, lol. it's a major commitment, however, going every day including weekends & spending about 1 & 1half hour in the tank for 45 consecutive days in a row. it's referred to as your 1st series of 'dives.' that is followed by 2 months of healing, & if you choose to go on another series of dives, you can do it again safely, but many get relief from just 1 series. SHOP AROUND is my advice.
Closed Thread

Tags
stop, aviv, anytime, love, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.